Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets See Those Detailed Engine Compartments

Chris@Adams

Question

I don't mean to thread jack, but this thread seems to have revealed what could be considered a statistical anomaly. So far, including my own, I've counted six G8s, while the only other repeated models are three Vettes, two Goats, and two Camaros. Now I consider the G8 a relatively rare car, having been made for only two years, while the Corvette has had a continuous production run of well over 50 years and has only half as many entries in this thread. I guess Adam's is just really popular in the G8 community percentage-wise, because in this thread we have the same amount of representation as all Chevrolets combined.

I don't mean to thread jack, but this thread seems to have revealed what could be considered a statistical anomaly. So far, including my own, I've counted six G8s, while the only other repeated models are three Vettes, two Goats, and two Camaros. Now I consider the G8 a relatively rare car, having been made for only two years, while the Corvette has had a continuous production run of well over 50 years and has only half as many entries in this thread. I guess Adam's is just really popular in the G8 community percentage-wise, because in this thread we have the same amount of representation as all Chevrolets combined.

We just have the best looking cars. From any angle.

Dave (BRZN) gave me a idea, post up your detailed engine compartments.Now that you have your In & Out Spray:drool: there should be no excuses.:D

Here'e my GTO & G8 enjoy!

Picture-085.jpg

I see 2 V6 G8's here with different engine covers. (for some reason when I quote Chris's post, only the GTO pics show up here)

Are these different based on year, 08 vs 09?

Hey Jeff, not sure about the answer to your V6 question, but seeing as we

are all a bunch of show off's
where's your engine compartment pics?

Since we

just have the best looking cars. From any angle.
we might as well continue to saturate this thread with G8s. :jester: Any GXPs out there strutting the LS3? :drool:

@ the top of page 4.:cheers:

I guess the way I tried to incorporate your quote in my reply was a little confusing. My bad. I had noticed your Camaro above, and it's straight up beautiful. :2thumbs: I was just wondering if 08G8V8 had any pics of his '08 G8's V8 to show off in this thread (since as you pointed out, us G8 guys are a bunch of show offs.):lolsmack:

I guess the way I tried to incorporate your quote in my reply was a little confusing. My bad. I had noticed your Camaro above, and it's straight up beautiful. :2thumbs: I was just wondering if 08G8V8 had any pics of his '08 G8's V8 to show off in this thread (since as you pointed out, us G8 guys are a bunch of show offs.):lolsmack:

Thanks...no harm no foul. I think you guys are pretty lucky could be worth something one day since they made such a limited run, the GXP guys are really lucky. I think I've seen one.

I feel really lucky to have found mine. By the time I had enough money to get one, they were already out of production. Fortunately this March I found one in really good shape with only 4400 miles on it at a local dealer. I'd thought about the new Camaros, but am very happy with my decision to get the Pontiac. It's the first car I've bought on my own, my other vehicle being a '91 Suburban handed down from my family.

could be worth something one day since they made such a limited run, the GXP guys are really lucky.
I've wondered about this myself. 30-40 years from now, will the G8 GXP be like the Hemi Cuda today?

I haven't detailed my engine compartment, so I have no pictures of it.

Only thing worth seeing is the RotoFab intake, and my goldish colored headers.

Some amazing engine bays on here. Great job everyone. As for the comment about the Pontiacs being more prominent than the Vettes, well, Vette owners don't have to brag about what's under the hood. :jester:

I only posted because I'm a moderator and felt I had to. :glasses:

Those Pontiac guys are all show offs. :lol:

Hey Chris, I can't believe how big Landry is already! They change so fast. He sure is a cute little guy. Bet you and Deb are loving it. :2thumbs: