Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lug Nut Brush Pricing?!?!

Why is the new lug nut brush so expensive? It's made of boars hair correct? The (Big) Boars Hair Brush is about 20 times the size of the lug nut brush but it only costs $15 more.

I can certainly say, I think a lot of people thought the brush would be much cheaper. I know this from another thread I participated in, I actually think it was the introduction thread for the LNB.

:confused:

I was thinking like $5-7....

This is a very nice quality brush!:thumbsup:

You know the old saying you get what you pay for!

I don't doubt the brush is great, I just dont understand why it's so expensive. I know for that price I will never own one.

I was thinking like $5-7....

It's not a paintbrush..

Just seeing the quality of this thing in the videos has really impressed me. If you've used other Lug/Detail brushes, you know the problems that they have. The most common problems:

1. Handles break easily

2. Hairs easily come out easily

3. Ferrule's break - most are plastic (happened 2x's this year on the one I was using)

It sounds like they addressed all of these issues with this one. Plus the 110% guarantee, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

It sounds like they addressed all of these issues with this one. Plus the 110% guarantee, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Even with a 110% guarantee, I can't justify $25 for something a tooth brush or other $5 brushes can do that are made of the same material.

Save yourself a few bucks and buy a toothbrush for the job.

People think I am crazy for saving my old tooth brushes, a 10 minute bleach wash and good car wash soap bath and they are perfectly good for my truck.

The price doesnt seem to far off. Looks like a great quality boars hair brush that is made in the USA. Ever priced out quality paint brushes? The good ones are $20-$30. Buy cheap and you get cheap results. :) Only top quality stuff for my rides. Compairing a tooth bruth to this high quality boars hair lug nut brush is like comparing a costco microfiber towel to an Adams microfiber towel. They are completely different.

Cant wait to place my next order so I can add one to my collection :)

The price doesnt seem to far off. Looks like a great quality boars hair brush that is made in the USA. Ever priced out quality paint brushes? The good ones are $20-$30.

I guess I am comparing it to the price of the Boar Hair Brush. I dont understand the large small price gap since it is much smaller. I would think less hairs and a small wooden handle would be MUCH cheaper than a nice plastic rubber handle and 1000's of hairs.

Guess I am the only one who thinks it's expensive. :( What ever, it is what it is. I stand by my decision.

The beauty of things like this Jason, if its too much you don't have to buy it. A lug brush isn't a must have (obviously b/c you don't currently have one) its a nice to have... it makes things easier, and if you're really into your detailing its a tool you'll use often. If you don't have one its not like you can't get the job done.

The fact of the matter is, its not a cheap brush - we tested this against our personal favorite the swissvax detail brush which retails between $13-$15.

swissvax_wheel_brush-4.jpg

Ask anyone who details on a high level, they will have likely been using this brush as its probably the most popular for that application. Also ask them how many of them they've gone thru for failure. I have had more than a few... Mario's broke last time I was in Colorado in the middle of using it on the porsche cayenne. Its a nice brush, but not near the same level of quality what we're selling here.

Our brush is larger in every single aspect - longer fibers, higher quality fibers, more fibers. Unlike the swissvax brush, which has a plastic ferrule, ours features a coated nickel ferrule for durability. The handle on ours is much thicker and a full 7" where the swisswax is thin, and only about 5" long. On top of all that its backed with a 110% money back guarantee something you don't get with the swissvax brush...

So, yes... its a lot of money for a brush, but honestly if you're in the market for a cheaper one I highly recommend the swissvax one, but go ahead and buy 2 of them now b/c it will break and shed its fibers, not a question of 'if' but 'when'. We set out to bring something better to our line, better in most cases costs more.

I would have to agree, you get what you pay for these day's. Some times when things cost more doesn't mean it's better. With Adams Polishes they really set the bar when it comes to quality:patriot: They're not going to sell something cheap and put there name and 110% on it for nothing. Selling cheap stuff and putting 110% guarantee will not keep a Company in business.

Unlike the swissvax brush, which has a plastic ferrule, ours features a coated nickel ferrule for durability. The handle on ours is much thicker and a full 7" where the swisswax is thin, and only about 5" long.

I have the Swissvax brush and have been using it since last summer. The ferrule is cracked, but it still works. Because of this I purchased a new one for backup earlier this year. As for the handle, the Adam's brush looks much more comfortable. The thin SV handle can become uncomfortable after using for a while.

Jason, there are other lug-nut cleaning items on the market, but none work as well as the Swissvax brush, which, I'm sure, is why Adam's set out to improve upon it.

I can get a wood handled nylon parts washer brush from my stores for $5. Made in China, guaranteed until I hit the door. Would I use it on my wheels? Sure! They have been curbed BADLY and the clear is wasted. Will I use them on my new PC'd wheels? HELL NO! I understand Jason thinking the price point it high.. but this is what you get to get American Made! This is the problem with a great portion of this country.. everyone wants Made In The USA quality at made in China prices & a lifetime warranty! Like was said before, you both get what you pay for, and don't have to buy it. I think a few of the items are high priced for my taste or budget, though I never question their quality I just decide on a personal level if thats something I need, want, or will use. Thanks for listen... er.. reading? LOL

The beauty of things like this Jason, if its too much you don't have to buy it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Can't say I agree with coming on here and bashing a new product pricing publicly. I would recommend doing it privately with Dylan or the other team members.

Chris

This is what I use picture.php?albumid=418&pictureid=2351

for just "Lug Nuts"

and thou it was under $10 it works fine for me.I'm just cleaning lugnuts with it.(I wouldn't justify the new Adam's LN/D Brush if i was just using it for lug nuts).

This brush here:

415.jpg

Looks like a EXCELLENT, Very well made brush. If your hitting your

High End Rim's,Interior,Grill's,Emblems,Badges ect..

I personally will be picking up the Adam's "Lug Nut Detail Brush" just for that purpose.That's how I will personally justify it.

Some will be able to and some won't.

Could use your gift card from contest to test it and if ya dont like it then Adam will refund your money. just a suggestion

Never won anything.

And guys I'm not bashing the product I was asking why it was so expensive.

Good products cost good money.. Ask me about the $200 pocket knife I carry. You get what you pay for IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm hurting real bad $ wise so unless some spare cash falls into my lap I can't justify it right now but I'd be using it for the interior more than anything.

Archived