Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lug Nut Brush Pricing?!?!

Agreed. I'm hurting real bad $ wise so unless some spare cash falls into my lap I can't justify it right now but I'd be using it for the interior more than anything.

My point exactly but everyone thinks I'm bashing the brush.

We're not blaming you for bashing the product price just giving you a point of view it's all good no harm.;)

See the quote below.... :(

Can't say I agree with coming on here and bashing a new product pricing publicly. I would recommend doing it privately with Dylan or the other team members.

Chris

Oh no I get why you posted thread and I might have done the same thing. The Adams community is pretty close (as far as forums go anyway) so its ok IMO to seek others opinion on a product/price from the company we all buy stuff from.

Ive got a lil 3$ pos pen brush thing that i use from kragen but it kinda sucks.

Friends, there are two things to consider when comparing our brush to the competition: 1) Quality. There are as many bristles in the Lug & Trim Brush as there are in our Premium Wheel Brush. 2) Ours is Made in the USA.

Sure, it costs more. When purchasing our brush, you are not supporting the Saudi's, nor fueling ships from Communist China, but you are supporting American manufacturing!

As an American, can you live on $200/ month? The Chinese factory workers do, and live in squalor, often in company housing located within the factories.

American workers can't live nor work in the same conditions. Ask anyone who is now unemployed as a result of their employers shifting manufacturing overseas.

If you don't mind supporting Saudi oil, fueling the war against Americans, by fueling the ships bringing cheap goods from China, you probably don't need to buy products from us!

American manufacturing is fading fast, and Adam's Polishes is here to support it as much as possible!

If we all accept cheap, imported, disposable products, we will all buy into the Wal-Mart-ization of America, and the destruction of American manufacturing.

That, my friends, is sad, and we won't be a part of it.

-Adam:patriot:

Regardless of why the brush is expensive (I personally dont think its THAT expensive, I just think it's not a NOW purchase for me) there was no bashing at all, he was just using the thread for what it is made for, which by the way is called "Product Polls and Product User Input Chime in here and help steer the future of Adam's!" and thats exactly what he was doing, he was giving an INPUT about a product, so relax people.

Friends, there are two things to consider when comparing our brush to the competition: 1) Quality. There are as many bristles in the Lug & Trim Brush as there are in our Premium Wheel Brush. 2) Ours is Made in the USA.

Sure, it costs more. When purchasing our brush, you are not supporting the Saudi's, nor fueling ships from Communist China, but you are supporting American manufacturing!

As an American, can you live on $200/ month? The Chinese factory workers do, and live in squalor, often in company housing located within the factories.

American workers can't live nor work in the same conditions. Ask anyone who is now unemployed as a result of their employers shifting manufacturing overseas.

If you don't mind supporting Saudi oil, fueling the war against Americans, by fueling the ships bringing cheap goods from China, you probably don't need to buy products from us!

American manufacturing is fading fast, and Adam's Polishes is here to support it as much as possible!

If we all accept cheap, imported, disposable products, we will all buy into the Wal-Mart-ization of America, and the destruction of American manufacturing.

That, my friends, is sad, and we won't be a part of it.

-Adam:patriot:

:iagree:

+1 :patriot:

American manufacturing is fading fast

Theres an understatement... its all but evaporating before our eyes. I for one was extremely disturbed by the fact that yesterday I visited Lowes, Osh, and Home Depot in pursuit of a couple of tools for a project at the house and not one of them had a single option for me that wasn't made in China.

I'm interested to see what people think of this brush, maybe I'm just paranoid but I'm scared of the metal collar. I feel like I'd end up scratching something by accident.

The end around the bristles is rolled so its not sharp, but theres always the option to wrap it in something like electrical tape or (like some suggested on DetailingBliss) rubber bands if you think it might be a concern.

The thing of it is, the Swissvax brush is plastic and breaks easily, our work around for this was the nickel ferrule. Now, obviously it may up that risk a little, but we felt the durability issues of a plastic piece there being exposed to cleaners and moisture it just wasn't going to hold up.

The end around the bristles is rolled so its not sharp, but theres always the option to wrap it in something like electrical tape or (like some suggested on DetailingBliss) rubber bands if you think it might be a concern.

The thing of it is, the Swissvax brush is plastic and breaks easily, our work around for this was the nickel ferrule. Now, obviously it may up that risk a little, but we felt the durability issues of a plastic piece there being exposed to cleaners and moisture it just wasn't going to hold up.

oh i totally get it, I have SW brushes now and they def drop bristles here and there and the plastic ferrule is obv not as strong as metal (though i haven't had any breakage yet). like i said, maybe i'm just paranoid, i'm sure there will be lots of good reports soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gone & Forgotten
It's not a paintbrush..

Just seeing the quality of this thing in the videos has really impressed me. If you've used other Lug/Detail brushes, you know the problems that they have. The most common problems:

1. Handles break easily

2. Hairs easily come out easily

3. Ferrule's break - most are plastic (happened 2x's this year on the one I was using)

It sounds like they addressed all of these issues with this one. Plus the 110% guarantee, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

I'm a professional painter, my paint brushes cost over $20 each. Let me know where you get those $7 ones! I could save alot of cash.

I'm a professional painter, my paint brushes cost over $20 each. Let me know where you get those $7 ones! I could save alot of cash.

I dig your signature KicktoTheJunk:

"Sent from my pc using my fingers, some electronics and the internet.:lol:

Thats one I havn't seen!

Quality tools and supplies come at a price, no matter what the business. My friend does pin striping by hand... some of his striping brushes cost him $30+ and these are SMALL brushes.

I think the thing to take away from this thread is that PRICE and VALUE are 2 different things.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Quality tools and supplies come at a price, no matter what the business. My friend does pin striping by hand... some of his striping brushes cost him $30+ and these are SMALL brushes.

I think the thing to take away from this thread is that PRICE and VALUE are 2 different things.

Truer words have never been spoken. My work is only as good as the tools I perform my work with. I couldn't use a $7 paint brush and give you a $1M paint job.

I also like the idea of coating the brush ferrule with something rubbery. Wonder how liquid-black-tape would hold up. I have some and may coat something else first and see how it handles the beating.

I dig your signature KicktoTheJunk:

"Sent from my pc using my fingers, some electronics and the internet.:lol:

Thats one I havn't seen!

I keep seeing someone reply with the same "sent from my iphone or droid x using tapatalk", so I figured I'd be a wiseguy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Adam re: a quality product, made in the USA, from a company that gives a 110% guarantee. Adam should make a good profit on the products he sells, otherwise he is out of business and we're getting junk brushes from China made by some 12 year old kid sweating like a dog for little pay.

Maybe I'm a little wacky, but I buy Adams all the time, just like I pay a little more for gas at my local Sunoco station which is owned by a hard working American neighbor who gets his hands dirty and will fix your car right. I buy auto supplies from the NAPA store in town, costs a little more, but the guys are my neighbors.

So, that's just me, I just feel right about doing those things. :cheers:

I agree that u get what you pay and toatlly support American manufactured and assembled products ... HOOORAHHH!!!!!.... IN fact the brush is on my first order list.

I do, however, understand that the author of this thread was wanting more of a product comparison with price explanations then just starting a debate about if its a good brush, LOL. I get it bro the quality is there no doubt but less materials are used to make the lug brush than the long haired blond boars hair brush; when compare the two the price dose seem a lil off but there are manufacturing considerations that may account for the price, i 'm sure.

For me i have used the swiss one and on my first order will be getin a adams lug brush just because of frequency of detailing. I do belive adams will offer better quality then the swiss just from product pics and experience. I will give a product review once i start placing my orders online in the next few months :)

P.S.

errr. one more thing i know from livin in farm country , lol, anything , I DO MEAN ANYTHING, related to the agricultural field has a ton of unseen costs which in the end come to customers. The BOARS hair collection is a substantial costs which must be passed on to all phases of produuction regraudless of how small or large the end product :2thumbs:

Archived