Customer Service 866.965.0400

Solo axlebacks for my G8 GT

Captain Slow

I'm sitting here with a big ol' grin on my face. boink.gif Tonight after work while the twins were still napping we installed the Solo axlebacks on my G8 GT. The install took about 40 minutes, would have been shorter, but you know how us guys don't read instructions... When removing the old cans if you spray soapy water in the hanger holes they slide right off, otherwise you'll be swearing and busting knuckles like me. Anyway, after they were installed my wife said "Mine will still sound nicer." (She drives an '07 TBSS AWD.) Well as soon as I remote started my car the first words out of her mouth were not appropriate for family viewing!!! I then went for a short right around the perimeter of the neighborhood, then duplicated my 6-7 minute commute to the office.

SWEET! This is how a large displacement V8 should sound right from the factory.

Now if I can figure out how to imbed video (or have someone school me) I'll post up a video.

SWEET! This is how a large displacement V8 should sound right from the factory.

:iagree:

Putting in a Corsa cat-back was the first thing I changed with my G8. I didn't even care so much about any performance gains at the time, I just wanted to be able to hear the V8. To me, the personal enjoyment from the sound is sufficient justification for the cost. Glad you're happy with your new setup.

Sweet. I have these on the want list for Christmas or Bday, but I don't think I'll get them so I'll be purchasing these by springtime next year. I heard a few different Solo set ups at Carlisle this year and all sounded awesome.

Oh heck yeah! Got to let the 6 liter sing right?

I have the Vararam up front as well and man people hear me coming. The boom out of the intake is intoxicating.

I had my car for three days before I put the full exhaust on it. Did the UD pulley at the same time as well as some Pedders. I waited 7 or 8 months for my car so I had time to buy up!

The original CAI I had went on within 2 hours of buying it, as well as the removal of the intake plenum cover and rubber foam insert that keeps the noise down.

Congrats and enjoy!

Chris

Nice. Haven't heard of Solo before, I'll have to check them out.

On my TBSS I had tint installed on the way home from the dealer, removed emblems once I got home and had it in the shop for intake/exhaust/e-fans/tune within a couple weeks. :)

Oddly, the Z06 is still bone stock except for the wheels.

Nice. Haven't heard of Solo before, I'll have to check them out.

On my TBSS I had tint installed on the way home from the dealer, removed emblems once I got home and had it in the shop for intake/exhaust/e-fans/tune within a couple weeks. :)

Oddly, the Z06 is still bone stock except for the wheels.

http://www.solo-performance.com/homepage.php

Solo Performance reminds me a lot of Adam's Polishes; great products and top notch customer service. These axle backs are really just straight tubes with adjustable "J" pipes attached to drastically reduce drone.

The G8 GT is an odd duck. Due to the auto fuel management (AFM) the exhaust system options for the car are very limited if you want to remain stock. The options are Corsa cat backs at about $1200.00, Solo Performance axle back or cat back from $448 to about $900.00, Pontiac GXP mufflers at about $400.00 or leaving it stock. Otherwise you get the dreaded DRONE when in 5th/6th gear or light load @ low rpms. The drone to me was like feedback on a bass guitar amp, very annoying and uncomfortable. I'm too cheap to get a tune to disable AFM, so I did the next best thing. It has passed the Mama and twin daughter test, so I'm good to go. :2thumbs:

Now my Adam's savings fund can start growing again.....:thumbsup:

Nice upgrade Paul! I've been looking at exhausts but hesitant as well. I had the "washer mod" install for awhile but the drone drove me nuts at speed on the turnpike. Please keep me updated on how these perform for you; the 1800-1900 rpm light load situation and 4-cyl transition are of particular concern.

Best of luck!:thumbsup:

Archived