Customer Service 866.965.0400

Upside Down Bottle Caps

Have you ever known us not to tell you when a change was gonna happened or had happened? Trust me.... you guys will be among the first to know when we go that way. Completely retooling our bottles and caps is something that isn't done easily and will still need a lot of testing to make happen.

Think like the ketchup and mustard bottles now a days, large top, with the little one way valve on them. You basically stand them on their lids and the ketchup/mustard is always ready to squeeze out.

The idea is to put our polishes in a similar bottle so you don't have to do the forceful shake to get the product to the nozzle of the lid.

Have you ever known us not to tell you when a change was gonna happened or had happened? Trust me.... you guys will be among the first to know when we go that way. Completely retooling our bottles and caps is something that isn't done easily and will still need a lot of testing to make happen.

I was just curious as to if it was something put on the back burner or found to not be able to work.

Think like the ketchup and mustard bottles now a days, large top, with the little one way valve on them. You basically stand them on their lids and the ketchup/mustard is always ready to squeeze out.

The idea is to put our polishes in a similar bottle so you don't have to do the forceful shake to get the product to the nozzle of the lid.

hmmmm , to make them balance upside down :confused:

I would like to make a suggestion for this "back bruner" idear;

If at all possible either keep current design as a option to those wanting it or make the caps EXTREMELY spill proof.

As my products (and quite a few others) do not stay on a self in the garage, but in detail bags and totes for mobile applications. My products (in spring) will potentially travel a service range of just under 150 miles, lots of bumps to pop them open.

no matter i know if implicated that they will be top notch & i still will have the old style bottles anyways :thumbsup:

Well...i've kept my bottles (all kinds) in a bag. They would start out as standing up but end up on it's side. I have not had anything leak...even the one bottle i dropped two stories down concrete stairs.....darn good product!!!!

But...I seriously would love the idea above...i'm patiently waiting. :) gotta use up my stuff i have already anyway. :)

Hmm, am I the only one completely annoyed by the upside down mustard & Ketchup bottles? I do not like them at all, I usually squirt too much where I don't want it (yes, we're still talking about the ketchup & mustard). Anyhow, count me as a vote against the idea. How hard is it to shake the product down in the existing bottle?

Bruce

Hmm, am I the only one completely annoyed by the upside down mustard & Ketchup bottles? I do not like them at all, I usually squirt too much where I don't want it (yes, we're still talking about the ketchup & mustard). Anyhow, count me as a vote against the idea. How hard is it to shake the product down in the existing bottle?

Bruce

:iagree:

Bruce

Your not alone. I have the same issue.

and thus the reason we wouldn't go this route until testing has been done, and if we find they don't work well we don't pull the trigger.

Also, the 'concept' is being pulled from the ketchup bottle, we're not going with the same design, plus you can still always store them upright... nothing says you HAVE TO store them upside down.

See I was thinking like a weighted holder the sits on the shelf or counter that the existing bottles can fit into. That way you avoid the huge bottles and dont have to change the existing design.

This is what my example would be... it's just a light socket.

Surface%20Mount%20Light%20Socket.jpg

Bruce

My problem isn't the shaking, but the fact that the nozzles slowly build up with dried product and then cease to allow product out. I find myself using an open bottle and when done, cleaning out the nozzles. There's another brand that has a lid that gets rid of that issue and it works quite well...

Chris

Bruce

I agree with this. I'll go out of my way to avoid buying these ketchup, mustard and now salad dressing bottles like this. I just can't control how much squirts out with the first squeeze.

My problem isn't the shaking, but the fact that the nozzles slowly build up with dried product and then cease to allow product out. I find myself using an open bottle and when done, cleaning out the nozzles. There's another brand that has a lid that gets rid of that issue and it works quite well...

Chris

Yep, I keep a probe handy to shove through the nozzle when that happens.

Bruce

Archived