Customer Service 866.965.0400

truck owners

swirlparanoid

Question

19 answers to this question

I have a spray-in bed liner in mine. However I do detail it with APC and 50/50 VRT

I posted a thread with pics awhile back....

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7148&highlight=liner

My thinking.... A bed with no liner will get scratched and look like crap. A bed with a drop in liner will eventually rust if you never take it out and wash it, which most dont. A bed with a spray-in liner is the best route because it prevents rusting, dents, and just looks better.

Whatever you do, dont do a roll on bed liner. They are messy, never turn out even, have no texture and are just a pain in the rear!

You guys should see LineX's garage floor product... REALLY impressive stuff. I'm hoping to save up for it myself.

Same scenario, they prep the surface by diamond grinding your garage floor and then spray the product down in 2 stages. Color coat, then clear coat. Saw the samples at SEMA... very very very cool stuff.

Pricey as you're having a contractor essentially come out and do the job (LineX dealer) but man what a huge difference over the DIY roll on stuff. They're doing decks, outdoor furniture, and all kinds of stuff with it.

Man that would be nice! How expensive?:confused:

You guys should see LineX's garage floor product... REALLY impressive stuff. I'm hoping to save up for it myself.

Same scenario, they prep the surface by diamond grinding your garage floor and then spray the product down in 2 stages. Color coat, then clear coat. Saw the samples at SEMA... very very very cool stuff.

Pricey as you're having a contractor essentially come out and do the job (LineX dealer) but man what a huge difference over the DIY roll on stuff. They're doing decks, outdoor furniture, and all kinds of stuff with it.

I had my front walk done with something like that this summer. The process was the same with the grinding and pressure washing... They put lines in it to make it look like stone. It has a 10 year warranty against chipping or flaking as well... :thumbsup: I believe my front walk and step was less than 400 bucks which BLEW me away. Of course it'll cost more in CA. ;)

i had a roll in Herculiner that i did myself in my old truck. it covered well, had rubber pellets in it to make it look like a spray in, but it did not stick to the bed like a spray in would. it ended up cracking off. i even spent 4 hours prepping the bed.

the reason spray in liners work so much better than roll in liners is because the goop that comes out of the spray gun is very hot and when it hits the paint in your bed, it sort of bonds to the paint.

i paid a buddy $250 to do the spray in liner in my new truck that will last a lifetime, compared to $80 per gallon of the roll in junk that will last maybe a year or two.

Exactly!

i had a roll in Herculiner that i did myself in my old truck. it covered well, had rubber pellets in it to make it look like a spray in, but it did not stick to the bed like a spray in would. it ended up cracking off. i even spent 4 hours prepping the bed.

the reason spray in liners work so much better than roll in liners is because the goop that comes out of the spray gun is very hot and when it hits the paint in your bed, it sort of bonds to the paint.

i paid a buddy $250 to do the spray in liner in my new truck that will last a lifetime, compared to $80 per gallon of the roll in junk that will last maybe a year or two.

No they don't! They're no where near as good. I've seen too many people use this and it doesn't look or last like line-x or others. You get what you pay for in this occasion as well...

Agreed. A number of our dealers are also line x distributors, Adam and I spent a good amount of time at SEMA with some of their people and after learning a lot more about the process I'd never go with anything besides a spray in from LineX.

The Avy's bed is rubber on the floor and lined with plastic, but I'm contemplating having it sprayed anyways along with the undercarriage and fender linings.

:thumbsup:

No way I could have a rug in my bed! I Rhino Lining in mine. Spray-in is the only way to go. As previously stated, the roll-ins are a get what you pay for deal. I've had both Rhino and Line-X and both are great. The Rhino dealer near me (Trenton, NJ) does an amazing job. I had mine sprayed thick and textured. I had the smooth finish in my CJ a long time ago. It looks better, but it's not so good in the wet.

I hose mine out and hit any grease with APC and a brush.

I just installed a Bestop Supertop on mine so I can haul more Adam's products this coming season. I have to say, the fit and finish is not that nice, but it's a truck.

you can get a DIY kit for bed liners which turn out much like the rhino type liners BUT instead of spray on its rolled on..... I currently have a drop in bed linner but will be installing the one i described this spring

No they don't! They're no where near as good. I've seen too many people use this and it doesn't look or last like line-x or others. You get what you pay for in this occasion as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can get a DIY kit for bed liners which turn out much like the rhino type liners BUT instead of spray on its rolled on..... I currently have a drop in bed linner but will be installing the one i described this spring

Line-X here. It saves alot of time not having to maintain it like the paint. My crew cab has enough painted surface as it is. I got the liner in black, and after a while it does turn grey from the sun. You can treat it, but it takes alot of product and doesn't last. If I were to do it again, I'd look at getting the colored Line-X and get it in grey.

Robert.

mine has a spray in bedliner. a buddy of mine owns a shop which did it for me and he gave me a bottle of this bed liner conditioner to help keep it looking new.

i have to wash my cars at a self wash place. every other time i go, i clean the wheel wells and bed thoroughly because it is very dusty out here. the most i have to do is spray it with high pressure soap, then rinse.

Archived