Customer Service 866.965.0400

Going to Afghanistan!!

IowaEmt1991

Hey guys,

Remember way back in July when I posted my "Good bye" message as I was leaving to basic training? Here I am 5.5 months later with only 3 of the 16 weeks of school left. Come Friday I will be heading for the first time since I left July 5. Come back here on Jan 2. for 3 more weeks and ill FINALLY be done. However this is why I am posting.

Come March, I will be on my way to Afghanistan. Assigned to the 34th infantry division of the Iowa National Guard. I will be a primary line medic for n infantry unit. 19 year old kid running around helping wounded soldiers, when they yell"DOC", I cant seem to get over the fact there lives will be in my hands.

Just wanted to share that with all of you.

Eric :patriot:

Eric, it's too early for farewell, and be safe..... however, I will say you will be bored silly out there. Your fellow soldiers are going to be knocking down Taliban scum with effortless abandon, and WITHOUT casualties.

:patriot:

It is young adults like you that give me faith and hope for the future of this fine country.

:patriot:

:iagree::iagree:

I will pray for you that all goes well and you stay safe.

If you get really bored than send me your address and I will make sure that I put a few magazines and goodies in a box and send it to you. :2thumbs:

Good luck Eric... you know we'll all be here waiting to hear about your adventures when you get back... for now enjoy your time home and make the most of it.

Thank you sir and everyone else. :patriot: Right now Im just excited to go home and see my family, whom i havent seen since july 5.

Merry Christmas

Eric :patriot:

You're good people though. Lots of respect for Medics, even in real wars from the opposing side. Too bad we're not in a real war.

Good luck to ya! Take pictures, I look at all the pictures I took all the time. Always fun to look back. Don't worry, you won't be hounded that much there. Enjoy every laugh you can and just develop that brotherhood that you will never come by again.

Archived