Customer Service 866.965.0400

Yo, who wants a cheesesteak?

Vettecaster

Welcome to the Forum.

Here in Milwaukee we have a place called Philly Way. The owner is from Philly and makes REAL cheesesteaks, Whiz and all. I might just have to go there today now.

Sounds great. Gotta have whiz!

I might have to have a bratwurst and beer myself. ;)

No whiz. Don't care what the folks in downtown Philly say. Friends don't let friends eat cheeze whiz.

Ah, shall we say, it's an "acquired taste?" We've got some provolone for you!

Wit. And How 'bout them Eagles! Yea! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

What a game for Eagles fans and what a sports week for Philly with Cliff Lee. :banana: The Sixers? Dat's another story!

Hey Steve - If you get out of town, go up to Pudge's off on rt. 202 just before Blue Bell - Whitpain strip mall, on the right as you go north. They make a steak that could definitely change your mind (and your belt size).

Yeah, I have Provolone, esp. on my Pizza Steaks!

Out here in SoCal there is a Philly Cheese steak place in Huntington Beach that makes a pretty good one - they fly out Amoroso rolls, chips, sodas, TastyKakes, the whole thing. A breath of fresh air. (where's my peanut butter TandyTake?)

All the best for the Holidays, bud - have one over at McGlinchy's for me (if it's still there)!

Hey Steve - If you get out of town, go up to Pudge's off on rt. 202 just before Blue Bell - Whitpain strip mall, on the right as you go north. They make a steak that could definitely change your mind (and your belt size).

Yeah, I have Provolone, esp. on my Pizza Steaks!

Out here in SoCal there is a Philly Cheese steak place in Huntington Beach that makes a pretty good one - they fly out Amoroso rolls, chips, sodas, TastyKakes, the whole thing. A breath of fresh air. (where's my peanut butter TandyTake?)

All the best for the Holidays, bud - have one over at McGlinchy's for me (if it's still there)!

Doug, sounds like you definitely know the territory and you're right about needing a TastyKake to finish a meal like that. I've heard of McGlinchy's and I'll have to steer a course for Whitpain.

When the 'steak craze hits, I usually hit Jim's in my South Street neighborhood.

I lived in Telford (north of Lansdale, up rt. 309) for 28 years and got my degree at Temple U., used to take the train down to Temple - and worked downtown one summer at Towers Perrin.

Owls alum! The football team should have been invited to a bowl this year.

Small world, my wife used to work at T-P in the 90's.

I'm a Steve's and Jim's guy. Not big on the wiz. Like American Witout @ Steve's and Prov. Witout @ Jim's. Used to eat 3 times a week at Steve's on Comly and the Blvd. Had to slow it down a bit. Their cheesefries kick butt too! Actually took Hank Baskett there for lunch. He loved it!

And took the Junk there too! He has pics floating around.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a Steve's and Jim's guy. Not big on the wiz. Like American Witout @ Steve's and Prov. Witout @ Jim's. Used to eat 3 times a week at Steve's on Comly and the Blvd. Had to slow it down a bit. Their cheesefries kick butt too! Actually took Hank Baskett there for lunch. He loved it!

And took the Junk there too! He has pics floating around.

Welcome to the forum!

Dang! I almost forgot about the cheesefries. ;) Thanks for the welcome!

:welcomebanner: Steve! :welcomebanner:

Thanks Chris! Love live the G-T-O. :thumbsup:

ive had some cheesesteaks(not from Pat's or Geno's) and i am a "wit" person. i like mine with the wiz, but i personally rather have the provalone for the extra flavor and so i can get more taste of the steak and grilled onions.

Onions make all the difference in the world, don't they? ;)

nice grilled onions that are cooked with the steak make a big difference. you can always add a bit of mayo on the bread, change the type of break, mix steak sauce, change the cheese, etc. but there is only 1 original philly.

up north in the rochester NY area, dibella's is where its at for me. they make their own bread and such and are so good and juicy. i usually get a mix of mozz and prov with steak sauce, mayo, pepper/onions, and either their everything or sesame bread.

Archived