Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wall Mount Vacuums

arfnsx

Question

I was thinking about getting a wall mount vacuum with a long hose (25ft or so)

I was wondering the longer the hose, How much more powerful must the vacuum have to be? What HP rating should I be looking for?

Metro was one of the companies I was looking at as well as Craftsman which I have had over the years.

thanks

15 answers to this question

Unless you have holes in the tube it won't have to be anymore powerful to pick up regardless of how long the hose is. I'm no physicists, but vacuum is fairly constant as long as the hose is sealed to the end.

Correct Dylan, provided the section is sealed and can with stand the pressure, vacuum does not fade. I have seen train cars implode so no it does not loose power!

I vote for the Metro,they make a great product!:cheers:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">400.gif</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Jumbo Vac N' Blo Car Vacuum (ships separately)</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: METRO HRS-83BA</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $279.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_400_426 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_400_426 = 999982;function AddToCartForm_400_426_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_400_426 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_400_426 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_400_426_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d15%26SEName%3daccessories method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Outfit your garage – home or professional space – with incredible detailing, cleaning, drying and inflating power with the Metro Jumbo Vac N’ Blo Car Vacuum. Made in the USA!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I actually bought the Jumbo Metro Vac, and believe it or not I have problems with mine. They sent me a replacement switch, and that didn't work. Mine runs for about 3-5 minutes, then shuts off and wont turn on again for about 15 minutes, and then runs again for only a few minutes. They have been very nice when I speak with them, but the end result is I need to ship it back to them, and I have been too lazy to box it up and send it back. I am however confident that when I send it to them they will fix it or replace it.

I actually bought the Jumbo Metro Vac, and believe it or not I have problems with mine. They sent me a replacement switch, and that didn't work. Mine runs for about 3-5 minutes, then shuts off and wont turn on again for about 15 minutes, and then runs again for only a few minutes. They have been very nice when I speak with them, but the end result is I need to ship it back to them, and I have been too lazy to box it up and send it back. I am however confident that when I send it to them they will fix it or replace it.

Sounds like the motor might be overheating or overloaded.

If you need any help in getting it returned/replaced let us know.... we're here to help.

Metro is a great company to deal with and just as committed to satisfaction as we are so I'm sure they'll make it right.

Is the 25' hose that comes with the Metro-vac all one piece or is it made up of several smaller ones coupled together? Also, is it 1.5" in dia at the connection point? The reason I ask, is that I have the Air-Force Master Blaster and I am wanting to mount it on the wall.

Thanks!

Is the 25' hose that comes with the Metro-vac all one piece or is it made up of several smaller ones coupled together? Also, is it 1.5" in dia at the connection point? The reason I ask, is that I have the Air-Force Master Blaster and I am wanting to mount it on the wall.

Thanks!

I believe it is several smaller (6 foot) hoses, but seems smaller than 1.5". From what I remember the Master Blaster hose is larger than the Vac hoses. Metro Vac does offer extension hoses for the Master Blaster. Not sure if Ashley could help with that or if you would have to deal directly with Metro.

Archived