Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's shut-off valve: water flow restriction

goheels

Question

Hi everyone - first time poster here, but long-term purchaser :hi:

I recently purchased the Adam's fire hose nozzle as a special, and was researching shut-off valves (and quick disconnect systems). However, I'm quickly learning that not all shut-off valves are creating equal, such as the popular gilmour ones that people are complaining seriously reduces water flow.

I'm loving the Adam's fire hose nozzle's pressure, and want the least restrictive shut-off valve. It is not clear from the Adam's website what the ball valve's hole diameter is. Some of the best I've seen online, include the Dramm's brass cut off, with a 1/2" hole diameter ($16-20).

So, for all you adamsaholics that bought the shut-off valve, do you notice any decreased pressure with the adam's fire hose nozzle? What is the valve's hole diameter? ... and finally, any chance that there will be free shipping anytime soon? :xfingers:

18 answers to this question

Ok, Ok... you guys sold me on the Adam's piece. :cheers: I don't know if it is the nostalgia of the 11th Anniversary (15% discount) or the prodding of a fellow gencoupe owner, but I pulled the trigger. :banana:

I figure it is a good omen to buy something in the first thread I started. :mail::party:

You see folks, I am useful!! :lol:

You won't regret anything you pick up from this company.

Yep! His is a Turbo 4.

Nice cars though!

Buy from Adams. You can't really go wrong IMO. 110% guarantee. I have this item and it IS a top quality piece. :thumbsup: You have to know that Adam and his team are quality snobs. They don't want to sell it if it's not quality. With a 110% guarantee, you HAVE to make sure what you're selling is 120% quality.

Chris

Ok, Ok... you guys sold me on the Adam's piece. :cheers: I don't know if it is the nostalgia of the 11th Anniversary (15% discount) or the prodding of a fellow gencoupe owner, but I pulled the trigger. :banana:

I figure it is a good omen to buy something in the first thread I started. :mail::party:

Yeah, that's pretty much me :loser:. After doing some thorough research, I actually wound up with the same car as yours :D (maybe a different trim). I have a 2010 Nord Gray gen coupe 3.8 GT :rockon:

Yep! His is a Turbo 4.

Nice cars though!

Buy from Adams. You can't really go wrong IMO. 110% guarantee. I have this item and it IS a top quality piece. :thumbsup: You have to know that Adam and his team are quality snobs. They don't want to sell it if it's not quality. With a 110% guarantee, you HAVE to make sure what you're selling is 120% quality.

Chris

Ha! You remind me of a bud of mine from my last posting. The day I arrived at the unit he was online researching cars for his new car he was getting.

Two years later he pulled the trigger on a G5!

Yeah, that's pretty much me :loser:. After doing some thorough research, I actually wound up with the same car as yours :D (maybe a different trim). I have a 2010 Nord Gray gen coupe 3.8 GT :rockon:

Thanks Dylan... everyone is so nice here and I really appreciate all the responses. I guess I'm a little neurotic when it comes to researching a potential purchase :o.

Ha! You remind me of a bud of mine from my last posting. The day I arrived at the unit he was online researching cars for his new car he was getting.

Two years later he pulled the trigger on a G5!

Thanks Dylan... everyone is so nice here and I really appreciate all the responses. I guess I'm a little neurotic when it comes to researching a potential purchase :o.

No sweat... thats what we're here for. And don't ever feel intimidated by that purchase with us. Everything we sell is backed by a 110% guarantee - if you don't like it return it for a full refund +10% or at the very least an exchange for something else you need. :2thumbs:

Seems that your question was answered above here.... or you already had the answer, I just assisted :D

In any event ANY shut off valve is going to have an impact on pressure/flow rate unless its the same OD as the hose itself, which I doubt any are. That would be a VERY large shut off valve.

I don't have specific measurements of the inner diameter for the one we're selling now, but it is rather larger in comparison to anything else I've seen and you seemed to have found that info (according to your original post is 1/2") :cheers:

Some of the best I've seen online, include the Dramm's brass cut off, with a 1/2" hole diameter ($16-20).

Our SOV is actually made by Dramm...

I wondered if there was any pressure difference if he had put the fire hose attachment on WITHOUT the shut-off valve.

Seems that your question was answered above here.... or you already had the answer, I just assisted :D

In any event ANY shut off valve is going to have an impact on pressure/flow rate unless its the same OD as the hose itself, which I doubt any are. That would be a VERY large shut off valve.

I don't have specific measurements of the inner diameter for the one we're selling now, but it is rather larger in comparison to anything else I've seen and you seemed to have found that info (according to your original post is 1/2") :cheers:

Yes, his video doesn't really address my questions about the shut-off valve. He had the shut-off valve on the hose for the entire video and just interchanged the different fire hose attachments. I wondered if there was any pressure difference if he had put the fire hose attachment on WITHOUT the shut-off valve.

I see now!

:willy:

Ryan, comments?

Have you watched Camaro5Ryan's video about this nozzle?

Didn't look like anything was lost vs other brands in the vid.

Yes, his video doesn't really address my questions about the shut-off valve. He had the shut-off valve on the hose for the entire video and just interchanged the different fire hose attachments. I wondered if there was any pressure difference if he had put the fire hose attachment on WITHOUT the shut-off valve.

Archived