Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams polishes and Autoglym HD wax?

3PedalMINI

Question

Im sorry if this has been asked, i did a search and nothing came up. I have a full jar of Auto Glym that i purchased before i found adams. I really do LOVE the wax and it really gives black paint that WOW factor.

I plan on purchasing some detail kits with different polishes from Adams but I really would like to use Auto Glym's HD wax if i can. I read somewhere that you shouldn't mix products unless you educated on how to mix them. Can I? has anyone here done this?

Or is Americana better? and last as long/is durable enough like Auto Glyms HDwax? ive used it once on my black Audi and it was stunning. thanks!:cheers:

13 answers to this question

I'm sure it'll be fine, but no one can give you the 100% guarantee. I will say that Americana is MUCH MUCH better than it's price may lead you to believe. It's handily the best paste I've ever used.

Always test the unknown on an inconspicuous spot.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Theres no problem using what you already have, as a matter of fact I'd love to see you try them side by side once you get ready to replace/run out of AGHD.

I've used it and I consider our wax to be superior, but I've never been one to advocate throwing away a product you already have just to replace it with ours. Its wasteful and once you do get Americana you'll appreciate it that much more.

alright, thanks Dylan! i might just purchase a can of americana and do the side by side for you:thumbsup:

Please do, and then directly after, we all want a shot of your face, and the ear to ear grin the Americana gave you

:glasses:

alright, thanks Dylan! i might just purchase a can of americana and do the side by side for you:thumbsup:

I can tell you straight up Americana really impressed me, it goes on easy and comes off just as easy. So far I can't speak on how long it will last both of my vehicles are garaged , but I love it.:)

i just ordered some revive polish to go along with the SHR,FMP and MSW i picked up the other day. I just about ordered the americana but walked out and saw an almost brand new container of autoglym and removed americana from my cart. Does anyone see an issue with using Autoglym wax after MSW?

Im a cheap dude and just cannot stand to see a $40 can of wax be stuffed to the back of the shelf. However, if you guys see issue's then i will order Americana.

Like Dylan said above; you'll be fine with the HD, but I think you'd be happier with the Americana.

I LOVE Americana. Makes sure you put a coat of BG between the MSW and Americana though. You'll be happy you did.

Chris

i just ordered some revive polish to go along with the SHR,FMP and MSW i picked up the other day. I just about ordered the americana but walked out and saw an almost brand new container of autoglym and removed americana from my cart. Does anyone see an issue with using Autoglym wax after MSW?

Im a cheap dude and just cannot stand to see a $40 can of wax be stuffed to the back of the shelf. However, if you guys see issue's then i will order Americana.

You should be fine using the Autoglym on top of Adam's MSW. I have a container of Autoglym's High Definition Wax and used some on top of ClearKote's Red Moose Machine Glaze on my black motorcycle and it is working out nicely. I wouldn't recommend wasting your HD Wax.

Archived