Customer Service 866.965.0400

Instrument Cluster Plastics

WarshMe

Question

To my surprise, I haven't read anything here on these boards about the sensitive instrument cluster gauge plastics and what is safe to clean them with. (lemme guess, detail spray?)

I've always used a lightly diluted APC solution. It cleans, but leaves the plastics looking natural.

What do you guys use?

11 answers to this question

Dario - Welcome to the forums! I'm a dealer local to you so if you need something, please get in touch. No shipping!!

With regard to plastic instrument cluster lens, if diluted APC doesn't leave any residue, then it's probably fine as I doubt it would do anything to the plastic. Waterless Wash and Glass Cleaner should be fine also. I have a couple of different plastic polishes that I'll use on badly filmed lenses. As I write this, I'm thinking Revive Polish might be a good candidate. Perhaps a guinea pig session is in order!

- Darryl

I have found the plastic covering the gauges on all my Ford vehicles to especially likely to scratch. I blot a slightly damp MF, and then a dry portion of that same MF to clean them up. For dust, I use compressed air.

Just received the APC from Adams, and this stuff is pretty cool. I thought my other APC left the surfaces/panels of my Jeep clean, but after trying this stuff on a clean microfiber towel, I was able to pick up so much more dirt!

Also, thought I'd post here because I decided to use this full strength on my instrument cluster plastics and it's the cleanest it's ever been.

Great stuff so far, now I just gotta get me an interior kit!

Just received the APC from Adams, and this stuff is pretty cool. I thought my other APC left the surfaces/panels of my Jeep clean, but after trying this stuff on a clean microfiber towel, I was able to pick up so much more dirt!

Also, thought I'd post here because I decided to use this full strength on my instrument cluster plastics and it's the cleanest it's ever been.

Great stuff so far, now I just gotta get me an interior kit!

I love APC!!:drool:

Archived