Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Containers

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a tub of Americana since it first came out. I have done countless cars with it and I too have encountered the opening and closing problem of the container. I think this causes air to enter because the other day I went to use it on my vette and when I opened the lid, the wax was cracking and in big chunks. Needless to say I am devastated that I may need to get a new tub and my applicator is on its way out. I still used the wax I just primed a regular foam wax applicator with some detail spray before I went into the tub. We need a daily special for Americana or I need a present for my birthday that was March 6th :burnout:

I appreciate the fact that Adams will replace the jar and contents. As a matter of fact they did just that. I got a new jar with the improved lid and it still is a pain. And I'm not a fifty pound weakling.

My friend that is also an avid Adams fan bought another top of the line carnauba paste wax that comes in a tub with an o-ring to seal it. And is so easy to open a 2 year old could do it. If anyone from Adams would like to PM me I'd be happy to tell them the name so they could investigate their tub.

Because of the ease of use I haven't touched my 3/4 full jar of Americana in months. And I refuse to melt it and pour it or do anything convoluted to transfer the product.

Respectfully,

Peter

• 1 month later...
I appreciate the fact that Adams will replace the jar and contents. As a matter of fact they did just that. I got a new jar with the improved lid and it still is a pain. And I'm not a fifty pound weakling.

My friend that is also an avid Adams fan bought another top of the line carnauba paste wax that comes in a tub with an o-ring to seal it. And is so easy to open a 2 year old could do it. If anyone from Adams would like to PM me I'd be happy to tell them the name so they could investigate their tub.

Because of the ease of use I haven't touched my 3/4 full jar of Americana in months. And I refuse to melt it and pour it or do anything convoluted to transfer the product.

Respectfully,

Peter

Since you dont use it ill gladly take it off your hands!

Guest Gone & Forgotten
I never had an issue with the containers, but the first time I used Americana, I stood there and agitated the pad on the wax paper for about ten seconds like a danged fool. :)

PFFFT... youngin' lol.. jp man...

Mine had a waxy card-style barrier between the wax and the pad.

So they use wax paper now? lol.

Guess it's time for a new one.

PFFFT... youngin' lol.. jp man...

Mine had a waxy card-style barrier between the wax and the pad.

So they use wax paper now? lol.

Guess it's time for a new one.

We use a printed card insert now b/c of how many people would call in saying:

"I am trying to wax using Americana, but I can't get any wax on the applicator"

"Did you remove the wax paper insert?"

"Ummm... what wax paper insert?"

:lolsmack:

I eventually figured the wax paper thing out on my own, but I did send an email saying that you guys had forgotten to include my applicator. I was then asked:

"Did you open the jar?"

"No."

"Check in the jar."

"Oh, there it is." :loser:

I eventually figured the wax paper thing out on my own, but I did send an email saying that you guys had forgotten to include my applicator. I was then asked:

"Did you open the jar?"

"No."

"Check in the jar."

"Oh, there it is." :loser:

Rofl, when I got mine I called and asked the same ****. The guy was like open the jar lol. I felt so dumb.

We use a printed card insert now b/c of how many people would call in saying:

"I am trying to wax using Americana, but I can't get any wax on the applicator"

"Did you remove the wax paper insert?"

"Ummm... what wax paper insert?"

:lolsmack:

You should have made a video showing how to remove the paper. Like the video on how to remove the red plug from liquid bottles. :D

First, when I had a problem with the lid on the Americana, Adam's generously offered to replace it with a new container and wax. Since the customer service has always been great, I just asked for a new container. Received the new container, melted the wax and poured it into the new container and I haven't had a problem..opens and closes like a dream. My Americana didn't have wax paper but a very thin almost plastic like cover over the wax, easy to see and remove, protected the wax, and keeps it separated from the applicator, it was never a problem..can't imagine why the switch to wax paper unless it was just a cost reduction measure.