Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Containers

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoooww! Just received my new Americana container, and I have spent the last 20 minutes opening and closing it with two, yes two, fingers!!! Now I have to go wrestle my old container to get it open to transfer the wax to the new one. Point being, I can't ask for any better service then what I have ALWAYS received from Adam's. So once again, thank you Adam's and staff for your great work and wonderful customer service! You guys are the BEST!

Once again - awesome customer service!! :patriot:

Can't wait for my new container to arrive... :banana:

Now I won't be embarrassed to show my neighbors and friends the Americana container when they ask what I use on the car. :thumbsup:

Mine should be here tomorrow according to tracking. I'm really glad I revived this thread now.

I'm glad you revived it too! Got my wax transferred to the new container and although it broke in many pieces, I used the back side of a plastic spoon and compressed the pieces back into a solid piece of wax and smoothed the top. I actually think the wax softened a bit from the heat of my hands. I am still opening and closing the new container every time I walk by it just because it's so nice to have it work so nicely!

I got my new container yesterday and the difference in the two containers is nothing short of amazing. The new one opens and closes beautifully. I had to wrestle the old one open so I could transfer the wax. That wasn't fun. The wax came out in one piece and was easily transferred to the new container. After 24 hours, the new container opens and closes easily.

New container just arrived. Night and day difference. The ribbed lid for extra grip is a nice touch, though the new container opens so easily that it isn't really necessary.

DSC_3677.jpg

If you guys are having trouble with your wax cracking and breaking into different pieces when you transfer it, you can put the container in a pot filled with water and heat up the water, causing the wax to melt, and solidify into one nice new piece of wax! I've done it before when I dropped mine. It's a quick fix, and makes application a lot easier. :thumbsup:

If you guys are having trouble with your wax cracking and breaking into different pieces when you transfer it, you can put the container in a pot filled with water and heat up the water, causing the wax to melt, and solidify into one nice new piece of wax! I've done it before when I dropped mine. It's a quick fix, and makes application a lot easier. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to thank you for the tip, it worked perfectly. Started with the container in cold water slowly heated it to boiling and the wax melted nicely back into a nice solid piece after it cooled. I was concerned that it might warp the new container, but no problem, works fine. Thanks again for the tip!:2thumbs:

Tony email for another container and when it arrives should be able to flip warped container over and the wax block should come right out

Should but it didn't, it came out in a bunch (hundreds) of pieces. I think it might be because my wax is a bit older.

Edited by mjhpadi

Boiling is bad

Why? When in college, I burnt shoe polish to melt it and I ended up getting a much better and harder shine on my inspection shoes and boots.

I didn't boil the Americana, just got it warm enough to melt into a solid piece, I'll bet it is a liquid when it is put into the container.

One thing that might work. I do this with my honey (bee stuff not the wife). I take a pan with a small amount of water in it. Put the americana with the tub in the water. Not a lot of water of course. Just enough to where the tub won't float and won't over run the tub. Use as much water as you can without as I mentioned above the tub floating or the water flowing into the tub. The heated water on all sides will melt your wax quicker. Heat it up carefully, but keep your eye on it otherwise you can heat it too much and deform the tub. Like I said before I do it with honey when it goes funny in the bottle and it works great. No lid either while doing it. If you heat it with a lid your going to create pressure in the tub and cause a potential disaster. No lid will allow for expansion without it being trapped.

The tub will deform long after the wax has melted. Just have to watch it. I have deformed my honey bottle before, but that is because I walked away from it and forgot about it.

:thumbsup:

Why? When in college, I burnt shoe polish to melt it and I ended up getting a much better and harder shine on my inspection shoes and boots.

I didn't boil the Americana, just got it warm enough to melt into a solid piece, I'll bet it is a liquid when it is put into the container.

I did the warm water trick the other day. No I did not let the water boil. I put enough water in the pan so the container floated then I slowly warmed up the water and the wax melted back to one solid piece. It worked like a charm!

Tip- I used two chop sticks resting on the edge of the pan to the edge of the container to keep the container from floating to the sides of the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I've noticed with excessive use / waxing that there seems to be less wax in the container than when it was new. Is it possible the container has expanded or do you think some wax may have disappeared?

Maybe Ashley can explain this? :willy::D