Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Containers

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems with opening the jar Americana comes in? A new jar isn't bad, but after I've use it once or twice, it takes an act of God and Congress to get the thing open. Anyone else have this problem?

Update from Adam:

Friends, I am terribly sorry to read that many of you are having difficulties with our Americana Jar!!

We are now developing a new jar, and it will not warp, and will be consistently easy to open.....

Stay tuned, and mid-summer it will be released. In the mean time, use up the old Americana, and all who have purchased a tub in the past will get a $25 credit towards the new tub, fair?

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

Edited by Chewy
Added Adams update

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I thought it was just me. I used my Americana for the first time last week since September and I had to have my buddy hold the lid while I turned the back side.

Dylan, I stored mine in the fridge until winter and then I kept it down my basement which is about 65 degrees.

Ever thought about using Tin Cans?

Edited by Kingsford

Could it be leftover APW from the applicator being placed back into the tub, rubbing onto and then perhaps sticking the lid to the tub?

I know I personally clean my hex and the lip of the tub. But I havent applied it only played with it. Also, I clean all my bottles and lids and such after each use.

It's a large container for most hands to get a good grip around, and both the lid and the container don't have anything ribs or flats to aid holding. Yes, it's a pain...

Bruce

Maybe could we suggest a ridged side surface on the lid? Have had issues with mine, but thought it was just me or that I had an odd lid. :-) Got it on the first offering and been very happy with the results- amazing stuff.

Haha I thought it was just me. I used my Americana for the first time last week since September and I had to have my buddy hold the lid while I turned the back side.

Dylan, I stored mine in the fridge until winter and then I kept it down my basement which is about 65 degrees.

Ever thought about using Tin Cans?

In the fridge? Really? I've just been storing it at room tempature

Yes, mine has been hard to open since after the first use. I thought I cross threaded the lid. Can't say that mine didn't get hot though as it is stored in a cabinet in my garage. Can hit 80+ in there during the Summer months.

I also recently noticed that the container has bowed out (another sign it got hot???).

I am confident it will work just fine when it comes time to use it. We shall see if I can get the container open. :)

Well I haven't had that issue.

Maybe I have more muscles than you boys?? :D:D

:snap:

Mine was a little tough to remove, but nothing too difficult. I always store mine the house.

I think the Americana containers have a tendency to cross thread. I keep mine in the refrigerator so it has not been exposed to heat. Here is a thread from over a year ago concerning the problem. I sent an e-mail to Ashley and was told that Adam's was not aware of a problem. It looks like this problem has been going on for long enough that someone should be "aware".

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5462&page=3

Mine have been sitting for longer than I care to admit, I just tried and they were sealed tight too. I peeled the label off and put it in the microwave for 7 seconds, opened right up.

Use at your own risk :D

Yes, mine has been hard to open since after the first use. I thought I cross threaded the lid. Can't say that mine didn't get hot though as it is stored in a cabinet in my garage. Can hit 80+ in there during the Summer months.

I also recently noticed that the container has bowed out (another sign it got hot???).

I am confident it will work just fine when it comes time to use it. We shall see if I can get the container open. :)

I thought mine was cross-threaded also. Hard as heck to open, never been hot.

I would think that this is a flagship product for Adam - so, maybe time for a little better lid? I don't think 85 degrees is an excessive temperature for the container to successfully endure. I don't care if the lid is black and glossy, just the paint! :D