Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's on [kitchen] marble counter tops....

Grubrunner

Question

Our kitchen counter tops have lost that "bling" over the last few years; you know that shine you get when you have high wattage halogen down-lights reflecting off them?

I've always wondered whether a high-end detailing wax/glaze/polish [Adam's] would bring back that sheen marble, I know, can have..... I know because those same marble counter-tops at the box stores look sharp!

Anyone ever tried any Adam's products on their kitchen counter tops? Which one/s and what was the application process? What was the outcome/results?

Is it even recommended?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

16 answers to this question

I have done it a few times actually on our granite... works like a charm! Just use an old pad, not sure what polishing stone does to pads, but I don't want to find out the hard way that my pads are now the equivalent of sandpaper!

Follow up with Glass Sealant too... sealed mine and they've been substantially easier to clean and much less prone to smudging ever since!

I have done it a few times actually on our granite... works like a charm! Just use an old pad, not sure what polishing stone does to pads, but I don't want to find out the hard way that my pads are now the equivalent of sandpaper!

Follow up with Glass Sealant too... sealed mine and they've been substantially easier to clean and much less prone to smudging ever since!

What product/products did you use prior to applying the GS, Dylan?

I mixed it up a bit... used SHR on an old tore up white pad that I had laying around... I suspect that if you just want to clean up/gloss a counter pretty much FMP or SHR will get the job done on a white pad. Its not like anything we make is gonna be aggressive enough to actually "cut" stone.

Dylan,

Was the GS applied immediately following the polish or was there a time period between the two applications?

There is a Thread somewhere and there are pics of counter tops that have been brought back to life.

I'll have to look for it.

I did a brief search when I read this and couldn't find anything. Would love to see some if you come across any.

Ayyhow...

I was planning on this task tomorrow but am short on a couple of products I need. I'll make a purchase soon and will tackle this next weekend and will be certain to follow up with B4 and after pics on this thread.

I've got a light colored marble countertop at home [tan] and a dark colored one at the other house [black] that I will try and knock out on the same day.

Dylan,

Was the GS applied immediately following the polish or was there a time period between the two applications?

I did a brief search when I read this and couldn't find anything. Would love to see some if you come across any.

Ayyhow...

I was planning on this task tomorrow but am short on a couple of products I need. I'll make a purchase soon and will tackle this next weekend and will be certain to follow up with B4 and after pics on this thread.

I've got a light colored marble countertop at home [tan] and a dark colored one at the other house [black] that I will try and knock out on the same day.

Polishes don't cure... they do their job then they're removed... no need to wait between... just polish, remove residue, apply sealant.

I mixed it up a bit... used SHR on an old tore up white pad that I had laying around... I suspect that if you just want to clean up/gloss a counter pretty much FMP or SHR will get the job done on a white pad. Its not like anything we make is gonna be aggressive enough to actually "cut" stone.

I will have to try that!:thumbsup: