Customer Service 866.965.0400

Major interior problem

SubZero

Question

All you gurus out there I need some help somebody has gotten into my back seat with green spray paint on them and now its on my leather like good i tried some ice interior cleaner but that didnt work. Any ideas? some also got on the paint as well any help with ideas on getting that off would help greatly!

Just a little secret I learned back in high school, when we detailed mostly limos.....alcohol and a rag can safely remove lots of crazy things from leather....

Too bad we can't sell alcohol....legally!

:)

Don't forget to add some Leather conditioner after using alcohol, it can dry it out :thumbsup:

:iagree:

Great point Bill, alcohol steals all moisture from leather, so be sure to follow quick with Leather Conditioner!

Is it ok for him to wait a week for leather conditioner? I am going to see him this Saturday at a GM Performance meet and I'll have my leather conditioner with me.

Brandi, have you ever peeled garlic? His leather will be like that, flaking into a zillion pieces by midnight tonight.

Just kidding! :willy: No problem, this time of year, the leather isn't overly challenged. Mid summer is a different story!

Brandi, have you ever peeled garlic? His leather will be like that, flaking into a zillion pieces by midnight tonight.

Just kidding! :willy: No problem, this time of year, the leather isn't overly challenged. Mid summer is a different story!

When I saw this response, your "just kidding" part was unseen and my heart dropped! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks Adam!!! :)

I had a similar problem. Last year when I worked for Polycon (they paint bumpers for camaro's, traverse, equinox, and trans am) for the summer I had some of the paint on the seat. I used their alcohol and rags with a few scrubs it came off :)

I had a similar problem. Last year when I worked for Polycon (they paint bumpers for camaro's, traverse, equinox, and trans am) for the summer I had some of the paint on the seat. I used their alcohol and rags with a few scrubs it came off :)

Was their alcohol stronger than regular store brand?

Guest Gone & Forgotten

If it's oil based, baby oil works (I paint home for a living) but if it's a xylene based paint, ouch... 'goof off' but that might not be safe on fabric of any type.

Magic Eraser's is my next guess.

You can carry your headrests into lowes and have them do a color match, mix up a quart and do some 'touch up' painting :) haha... okay not funny - well... yeah it is.

Archived