Customer Service 866.965.0400

What are your 5 fav Adam's prods and how do you use them?

dday

Question

Thought this might be a good way to see some ways people uses Adam's stuff as well as provide some good info all around. So what are you 5 fav Adam's products and what do you you like them for the most?

1. Adam's SVRT - My fav tire dressing ever, perfect matte finish

2. Glass Cleaner - Best class cleaner I've ever tried

3. Waterless Wash - great for cleaning door jams, I don't use this to wash

normal panels but rather crevices where a wash mitt can't go.

4. Brilliant Glaze - Awesome for polishing the grills on my BMW, shining up the door sills...and of course just topping off the car between waxing

5. Adam's APC - great for cleaning tires and engine bays

22 answers to this question

1) Car wash - I know don't have to rush to wash my cars. I'd rather have this dry on the paint than hard water.

2) SVRT - I gets all of the plastic parts looking new

3) Brillant Glaze - It's a nice cheater coat to put on my cars to make them look perfect when they're not.

4) Leather & Interior Cleaner - My seats and door panels have never been cleaner.

5) Americana - Easy on, easy off..... nough said

I may need to revise my list, today I spilled a large cup of coffee all over my center console and front seats. The Leather Cleaner made clean up fast and easy then the Conditioner made it look great when finished !!!!!

In no particular order:

I'm going to cheat a little and consider Detail Spray & Waterless Wash one product since I almost always use them together. I recommend them together, sell them together and display them in my shop together. I love Waterless Wash as a drying agent in addition to it's regular use of "getting the dust off".

Second, the Glass Cleaner, as others have mentioned, is indeed amazing. I just received a phone call from a long time friend and now Adams customer who bought a bottle based on my recommendation and the smell. He simply called to say how much he loved it and he hasn't even had time to try the other items he purchased.

Third, a little more cheating and I'm going to combine VRT with In & Out Spray for obvious reasons. In & Out spray for plastic louvers and vents is an absolute must have in your arsenal and I've never dressed tires so quickly and easily with so little product as VRT.

Fourth, Machine Super Wax which we know is really a sealer. This stuff is very slick and shiny and lasts a good long time. I've layered it on top of itself and was even more impressed.

Last, well, that's going to be tough to decide between Revive Hand Polish and Brilliant Glaze. I use Brilliant Glaze on wheels, both metal and painted/clear coated as well as the car itself. It's great for that extra "wow" factor. Revive is super for hard to reach places that need to be done by hand and is one of the best paint cleansers I've ever used. Since I've already cheated enough on items 1 and 3, I guess I've give the slight edge for the fifth position to Brilliant Glaze based only on shear quantity of product applied thus far in my young Adam's career.

- Darryl

In no particular order of preference --

Adam's Super VRT Dressing - I've tried several high-end dressings over the years, and while I always have to apply two swipes to get the sheen I desire [personal preference as opposed to product's fault], I've never used a dressing that was so easy to apply, goes a long way with just a little dab, dries almost instantly and repels water so effectively. It's longevity is also very impressive as it'll last well beyond your expectations.

Adam's All-new Glass Cleaner - I used, and swore by, Chemical Guy's Glass Cleaner for many, many years.... until recently. I decided to give Adam's a try after reading the reviews/opinions on these boards and recommendations from my professional detailing neighbor. I'll make this brief: It's hands-down the very best glass cleaner I've tried! If you're on the fence about this one, get off now and grab yourself some. Take it from someone who's tried all the top-notch glass cleaners on the market... stop looking! Food for thought: let your imagination roam [somewhat] wild with this product as it cleans a HELL of a lot more than just windows.

Adam's In & Out Spray - I'm one of these people that pays further attention to the more subtle and/or minor things on a vehicle than the obvious ones.... and In & Out Spray has made life easier for me. Those mirror covers, tow hook surrounds, drop-in bed liner lips, door mouldings, engine compartments, nerf bar step plates, you name it, this product makes life a lot easier to achieve that "wow" factor.... and looks a gem! It's sheen [or lack-there-of] is pretty much spot on. Its longevity is absurd and the application process is a breeze. IMHO, no detailing shop/garage should be without it.... period!

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner - I'll make this one brief: don't just purchase this product for the meritorious job it does on your ride, purchase it for the [literally] 1000's of other purposes around the home/office/work place you can use it for. I call this product "The WD-40 of automotive detailing" as it's application properties are a wrap-sheet long. Cleans far superior than anything else I've used over the years... and maybe you too.

Adam's ALL NEW Brilliant Glaze - The very first thing you'll notice with this product is [literally] a drop or dab in a pad will applicate a lot more than you could imagine. You can use this on several more surfaces than just the body of your ride. It looks absolutely insane on your wheels, chrome accents and windows too. The depth and sheen on your vehicle's paint is something you'll drool over... and over. Very easy to apply and remove and will give you great longevity as it looks just as appealing several days later as the day you applied it.

Thanks for reading.....

PS: Any one who's known me for any length of time will tell you I call it as is. I'll never pee on your back and tell you it's clouding over. So take the above [honest] opinions for what they are.

Hmmmm favorites (as far as enjoy using)

1) Brilliant Glaze - I giggle like a drunk idiot everytime I use this stuff... its shine in a bottle!

2) Detail Spray - whats not to like?

3) Super VRT - as the owner of a truck that like 90% plastic I am required to love this

4) Americana - fun to put on a coat of paste

5) Fine Machine Polish - maybe its just the fact that it means I'm almost done when I'm using it.

Favorites (as in frequency of use)

1) APC - haven't met the mess it won't clean

2) Detail Spray - obvious reasons

3) Car Wash - can never have enough

4) Super VRT - have you seen my truck? Yeeeeesh!

5) In & Out - I keep finding places to use this stuff even all this time later.

1. Glass Cleaner - NO STREAKS! First Glass Cleaner I have ever used that doesn't streak.
  2. BG w/ Americana - Is there any other better shine?
  3. SVRT - I am a sucker for nice looking tires and amazing black plastic.
  4. Shampoo - It's just so easy to work with and leave no spots. I used to wash 1 panel at a time because I was worried about spots but not any more!
  5. Waterless Wash - SMELLS LIKE APPLES! My favorite smell.... Oh and it does an amazing job keeping the truck clean between washes and works great on door jams!

Car wash (no spots, no need to hurry to rinse, smells great!)

detail spray (great drying agent, love the shine! smells great)

undercarriage spray (love that finished look in the wheel wells smells great)

All purpose cleaner (engines, tires, undercarriage cleans anything)

SVRT (tires look awesome! and all the rubber trim plus engine compartment)

Archived