Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem with leather seat! Need help!

Question

I first owner of my bmw, used to put his baby seat in the back, and since it a coupe, he grinded the carseat against the driver seat and damaged the leather.

It is not too noticeable in person, but annoys me

I know I can never restore anymore

Is there anything I should do to it? to prevent it from tearing, getting worse?

any advice at all???

pictures are below

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0549-1.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

7 answers to this question

Theres nothing you can do if theres tears. Just keep them hydrated with the leather conditioner

Good honest reply.

However, you can do something about matching the color back to the OEM so these marks are barely noticable.... if at all.

I had a similar incident on my GTO many years back when my son decided to use the back of the PS as a interstate for his toy cars while seated in the back.... the look was very similar to yours but considerably more severe/noticable. I had a local upholster shop look at it and the owner - recommended by a family friend - decided to take on the project himself. He "filled" the pits to level out the leather and perfectly matched the color!

Yes, you could notice the repair if you looked very [very] carefully[ under ideal condition]s because the area he filled no longer had the OEM "grain" pattern to it as it was more of a flat/plain appearence.... but, like I said, the color was perfect!

Find a good, reputable and recommended upholstery shop that specializes not only on interior repairs but on customizing too.

Good luck.

PS: Leave the part in question with the repair shop as opposed to the vehicle.

Archived