Customer Service 866.965.0400

WW or DS

musclejunkie

Question

Let me preface the question with a fact. I think Adam's Detail Spray is the modern day newest wonder of the world. It has preserved the finish on my daily driver a '11 Mustang through one of the worse winter's we have seen, with nary a scratch. In my recent order I ordered the Waterless Wash kit, primarily as a touch-up product for those nasty bug splatters left after a conventional wash. I gave it a try this weekend and have to admit, I don't see it becoming a "favorite" got to have product very soon, but to be fair, I can't judge it after testing it one time as a teaser on one small area on my car. I certainly would not use it as a "spritzer" or drying agent like I use the DS after a wash as it does not leave the same smooth glossy shine. I can see using the product in the summer, where I would use the cali-duster first then go over the car with the WW and then DS. My question is....why not just use DS with the WW towel? It seems like the DS has more lubrication. Enlighten me......am I missing something?

16 answers to this question

WW is my favorite drying agent as well. No sense in wasting DS if you're going to polish and wax immediately anyway. Now, that being said, if you need to do a quick spritz, then yes, WW (cleaner) followed by DS (shiner) is the best combo and my recommendation to most of my retail customers to purchase and use them together.

- Darryl

You've got to give it a try. Yesterday I used WW followed by DS on my wifes Ford Flex. She asked how I waxed it so fast? The WW does a really good job top that with the shine from the DS and you have a good combo.:cheers:

I might just have to do that today...:thumbsup: thanks!!

I have a light coat of pollen on my car but I don.t want to wash it again. Which product should I use the detail spray or the waterless wash to remove it?

thanks, Paul

I'd use a Clafornia car duster first then WCW

I've never done the WW then DS. I feel like I'm missing something :o. I'm going to try it next time.

You've got to give it a try. Yesterday I used WW followed by DS on my wifes Ford Flex. She asked how I waxed it so fast? The WW does a really good job top that with the shine from the DS and you have a good combo.:cheers:

Yesterday I used two bucket system to wash the car. Then went on a Cruz, round trip was 271 miles. Got home, let the car cool then I wen to work with the Cali duster then the WW. Got all the bugs and road grime off. Then finished with a round of DS. Did all this @ 10pm in my tiny garage with a 60watt bulb. I thought I was gonna have to wash today or at least have a few new scratches (I'm in the middle if a panel by panel correction, it that did not worry me). Low and behold! Today I inspected the car in daylight and to my surprise...no new (noticeable) scratches and the car looked clean and shiny! No need to do a conventional wash!

I have to admit, I was a little worried that I'd scratch the heck out if the paint. But with the duster and the waffle towels my finish was sufficiently protected. What a great system!

Musclejunkie, thanks for asking that. I have a bottle WW that I bought before Christmas and it has been opened once...just to smell it. My plan is to use it on my car after I take the cover off, but I'm also thinking of using DS. I guess I'll try both and see which one I like better.

Actually the WW has more lubricants that the DS. But what it doesn't have is the polymer that the DS leaves behind, that is what you are felling on the paint. I think the more you use it the more you will appreciate the WW. After you use it you will notice the road dust doesn't buildup as fast :2thumbs:

:iagree: With Bill!:thumbsup:

I use WW as my main drying agent. I use DS for so much other stuff, it's nice to get another product more use, but the WW does just a good of job as the drying agent. I also prefer to DS in a separate step, with a Single Soft.

The DS and Adam's Car Wash "preserves" the wax or sealant on the car. At least that is what I summized after using these two outstanding products this winter. Do I hit the car with DS after the WW to get the polymer glossy shine? Does the WW remove any wax or sealant? Sorry if these questions appear foolish. I'm a WW Newb.:o

Yes and no...

Yes, feel free to follow WW with DS for a more brilliant deep shine and NO neither will remove wax.

The DS and Adam's Car Wash "preserves" the wax or sealant on the car. At least that is what I summized after using these two outstanding products this winter. Do I hit the car with DS after the WW to get the polymer glossy shine? Does the WW remove any wax or sealant? Sorry if these questions appear foolish. I'm a WW Newb.:o

Actually the WW has more lubricants that the DS. But what it doesn't have is the polymer that the DS leaves behind, that is what you are felling on the paint. I think the more you use it the more you will appreciate the WW. After you use it you will notice the road dust doesn't buildup as fast :2thumbs:

Archived