Customer Service 866.965.0400

Difference between Revive and Brilliant Glaze?

Coaster36

Question

Thanks to the 15% off sale im going to spend some more money, yay! I just dont know the difference between these two. When to use it, what theyre for. Everything. Also when would you use them in a normal process? Which should I buy?

I have a black dodge ram thats a daily driver and lives outside. The paint is decent but far from perfect. I currently just use MSW to protect the paint.

21 answers to this question

After... MSW is a sealant and needs to be put down on 'naked' (post clay and polish) paint... once its fully cured (12-24hours after application) you can start to put down Brilliant Glaze or Americana or both! :2thumbs:

So... that is what I am doing wrong with this stuff... I have to be naked in order to make it work right. Maybe I should get one of those Adam's aprons just so it covers up the family jewels. I'm sure neighbors and customers wouldn't like to see my cash and prizes.

My wife said I have to stop this pactice while applying MSW, the neighbors are starting to talk....more :D

Yuck!!!

lol

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Like in life there are no certainties... how often you use these products will depend entirely on your individual situation and desired results.

Revive is a polishing step and will be done PRIOR to applying any waxes, sealants, or glazes. As such you'll only use it if you're doing a full detail. How often you do that is entirely up to you... if your car is garage kept, not driven, then it won't be needed as much as a car kept outdoors and daily driven.

Any product, no matter what it is, my recommendation is to use it when its needed.

Ah - so I should use the Force. :D

Mine's a daily driver and my recent order didn't include BG.

Sounds like I need to place another order....

Holy smokes 3 people answered the same thing in 2 minutes. GET BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKERS! ;) Ill get the BG, thanks for the input.

I don't have a job, so I should of been the first to reply.

My excuse for being the slowest is I can't type :D

So if I get the glaze would I put it on before MSW?

NO. Wait at least 12 hours after you put on the MSW. Then you can apply the BG. You need a clean, bare surface to apply MSW. And the 12 hour part is how long you need the MSW to cure.

ok - but when and how often do you use those?

Revive once every 2 months?

BG after every wash?

Some people cook with "a dash of this, a bit of that", and others with a specific recipe.

I like recipes. :thumbsup:

Like in life there are no certainties... how often you use these products will depend entirely on your individual situation and desired results.

Revive is a polishing step and will be done PRIOR to applying any waxes, sealants, or glazes. As such you'll only use it if you're doing a full detail. How often you do that is entirely up to you... if your car is garage kept, not driven, then it won't be needed as much as a car kept outdoors and daily driven.

Any product, no matter what it is, my recommendation is to use it when its needed.

After... MSW is a sealant and needs to be put down on 'naked' (post clay and polish) paint... once its fully cured (12-24hours after application) you can start to put down Brilliant Glaze or Americana or both! :2thumbs:

NOTHING before MSW but polishing products.

Revive, SHR, FMP or SSR and then MSW and then BG and then any other Adams wax.

MSW HAS to be on bare paint or it won't last.

Buy both products... Their both great.

Chris

Revive is a polish, or more accurately a paint cleansing polish designed for hand use after Swirl & Haze.

Brilliant Glaze is a beauty product, it leaves behind a coating that helps mask minor imperfections and adds a ton of gloss very easily.

If you're only going to get one, get the Glaze IMHO.

ok - but when and how often do you use those?

Revive once every 2 months?

BG after every wash?

Some people cook with "a dash of this, a bit of that", and others with a specific recipe.

I like recipes. :thumbsup:

Revive is a polish, or more accurately a paint cleansing polish designed for hand use after Swirl & Haze.

Brilliant Glaze is a beauty product, it leaves behind a coating that helps mask minor imperfections and adds a ton of gloss very easily.

If you're only going to get one, get the Glaze IMHO.

Archived