Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Guy From Pennsylvania

jslatts

Hey everyone, Names Jon. Started detailing when I was 17 for a local dealership (yea I know not the best place to detail) but it taught me a lot of the basics and after 8months of that I couldn’t stand them getting mad at me because I spent too much time on customer’s cars trying to perfect the paint and wheel and so on that I quit.

I heard about Adam’s Products from a Mustang forum and was skeptical but figured I’d give the microfiber a try since all mine were AutoZone brand and made micro scratches in the paint. Got the microfiber as well as the detail spray and was amazed at how soft the MF was and how it didn’t scratch the paint at all. At that point I was SOLD

Ever since I started detailing I’ve loved it. Now at the ripe old age of 21 I started thinking “I should start a detailing business.” I ran it by my dad for his opinio and he has seen my work and thought it would be a good idea. As soon as I decided I was going to go through with it Adam's was the first product line to come to mind. So I took the plunge and spent close to $400 on Adam’s Products. I bought an Air Compressor from Sears so I have a air gun and so on. Already had the PC and Adam's Pads. I can honestly say, Adam's Products ROCK. I'm offically a Adam's Polishes Customer for life

I will have Before and after pictures soon of my dad's 1999 Grand Prix GTP as well as My uncles 2004 Dodge Dakota that has never been detailed (and only washed when the place he takes it to get an oil change washes it for him)

Sorry for the long post

Welcome Jon, and good luck if you start that business. I'm 24 and keep thinking about maybe doing the same thing.

Thank you. The business is actually offically started. I had business cards made up and already have people lined up as soon as the weather gets nice and stays nice for more then 1 day. Right now im doing my dads car because he wants to sell it so we gotta make it look good. Same with uncles car so gotta make that shine.

Welcome!

Just a heads up, there is a clinic in Doylestown, PA next weekend. If you want to learn from the best, the Junkman will be running the show.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9795

Under an hour from Reading. We test at Maple Grove, how far are you from there?

Also, I'm the Phila. area dealer. If you need any products, send me an email:

eric@thompsonracing.us

Sadly i can not make the clinic. I'm a volunteer fire fighter and am working on some certifications and next weekend is one of the classes I need to take. is their going to be a clinic/adams booth at Carlisle?

ill be at the all Ford Nationals.

I've been looking forward to the clinic and recently got word that I have Training that day.

I'll be at the Adam's booth for Ford Nationals, see you there! I'm going to be talking to 1000s of people, so make sure you introduce yourself with an explanation!

Id love to show you pics but my uncle sold his truck before I could even do anything to it, and dads car I got to buff half the car and then it started to rain and so I didnt take any pictures. i've been so busy since that day that I havent had a chance to get back to it (its currantly raining)

dont have much free time between holding a full time job, being a Vol. Fire Fighter, Going to college, having a girlfriend who is very clingy lol, and Detailing on the side.

The rims are the only thing I cant get clean, they honestly went about 5months without being cleaned i know i know SAD. anyway they have alot of hard brake dust build up that just wont come off. I tried the sonax wheel cleaner, worked a little but not much. I was told to try 0000 Steel wool but im afraid of ruining the wheels. Any suggestions?

Ill see if I can get the after pics of the Grand Prix (we got before pics so I do have some we can compare them to what ive done already) *writes on post-it-note "take after pics of GP" and sticks to forehead*

Archived