Customer Service 866.965.0400

can my wheels be polished?

shad2009

Question

18 answers to this question

have a 2007 Mustang GT with the optional 18 x 8.5 wheels...the description says "Polished with Silver Painted Spokes"

can i use the metal polish on these wheels?

I know which rims you are talking about. I had an 01' cobra with similar rims. Everyone is right about the clear coat. Treat them like your car paint.

How many panels would you do before adding more product? Would I only detail spray the pad to do the second panel after using 3 pea sized drops on the first panel? How does one know when to add more product or just prime?

aftermarket is WAY cheaper..

I hit a pothole in Feb and it took out two of my stock wheels.. they were $700 to replace, EACH! between that and I would have had to purchase 4 tires as well, it was cheaper for me to get an aftermarket set.. luckily these look awesome!

I have an 06 Mustang with what I think are the same style wheels as you. I know on mine, the lip/edge is not cleared or painted at all, so you can use metal polish on that part. Everywhere else is a no. But my dad has an 09 GT/CS with different wheels then mine and they are cleared/painted all over. Why don't you show us a pick of the wheels so we can see?

attachment.php?attachmentid=6197&d=1299678496

here you guys go...i would love to replace these wheels, as the previous owner scratched them up...maybe i can order them through Ford and get my discount :willy:

I have an 06 Mustang with what I think are the same style wheels as you. I know on mine, the lip/edge is not cleared or painted at all, so you can use metal polish on that part. Everywhere else is a no. But my dad has an 09 GT/CS with different wheels then mine and they are cleared/painted all over. Why don't you show us a pick of the wheels so we can see?

I'd be willing to bet that your wheels are clear-coated, in which case treat them like paint. Especially with "silver painted spokes," I'm sure they cleared the whole wheel afterwards. Many factory wheels say "polished" in their description which always seems to create confusion on how to care for them.

Archived