Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats Under Your Hood??

70'sChevyGirl

350 CI of Rompin' Stompin' LT-5. DOHC, 4 Valves per cylinder. The most exotic engine ever put in a Corvette.

329 RWHP @ 5800 RPM - 321 RWTQ @ 3200 RPM Totally Stock...Not for long.

They were only installed in the Legendary ZR-1 from 1990 to 1995.

DriverSideAfter.jpg?t=1228875643

It's so clean... :cheers:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammer...awesome under the hood shot!!! :burnout::burnout:

Thanks, these motors always draw attention, and this is a very clean example of one. Except the freakin roundy dohicky. That's not stock, there is/was a little check valve under the plenum (for the vacuum secondaries) that fails and that is a temporary fix. Last weekend I replaced fuel injectors and that check valve so the roundy deal isn't there anymore.

350 CI of Rompin' Stompin' LT-5. DOHC, 4 Valves per cylinder. The most exotic engine ever put in a Corvette.

329 RWHP @ 5800 RPM - 321 RWTQ @ 3200 RPM Totally Stock...Not for long.

They were only installed in the Legendary ZR-1 from 1990 to 1995.

DriverSideAfter.jpg?t=1228875643

hey how do you clean yours?i have a tune port in my camaro and im scared to put water on it?did it hurt yours?

hey how do you clean yours?i have a tune port in my camaro and im scared to put water on it?did it hurt yours?

I am not familiar with the tuned port motor and effects that degreaser and such might have on it. I can tell you the finish on the LT5 is not very durable and I used GUNK Foaming degreaser on this motor with no ill effects. Stay away from Simple Green though. You might try a small area before soaking the engine down. I didn't leave it on very long. After the cleaning and washing I of course used a combination of the Buttery Wax on the plenum and cam covers and In N Out Spray liberally throughout the engine bay.

Well the '86 is up for sale, this is under its hood:

PICT0226.jpg?t=1228988317

(was about halfway done cleaning)

and here's what's under the hood of the new toy:

lt5b.jpg

I haven't seen the car yet, I wont see it till January, purchased the car online and having it shipped to home, in Ga. Not Amarillo, which is where I'm currently at.

(That isn't the motor from my car. Just a picture of an LT5, Once i see the car I'll post of pics of my car)

The Z is a black '90