Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning/ Renewing Bed Liner

Frid

Question

I've had my Line-X bed liner in for about a year now, and have some places where there looks like it may be stained/dirty but wont come out when washing the truck. Any one have any advice to what could/does work for cleaning and making it look new. I'm sure they could recondition it but that would probably be couple hundred.

Thanks

22 answers to this question

Just got done scrubbing it with some APC and pressure washing it. Just have to wait til tomorrow when it gets light out to see how I did and whether I need to redo it or go straight to the VRT. :xfingers:

I love Line-X. No probs.

I just pressure wash it and foam it up with Adams car shampoo....although I usually haul hay, trees and sometimes horse manure for my gardening friends. Nothing that stains too much.

APC cleans about everthing though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have Line-X on my truck and have had it for 13 years... It's AMAZING stuff. Do like Adam said and it'll be better than new! lol

I went as far as having it sprayed inside my steel wheel wells. It made the truck so much quieter.

Well I just took my halogen light out to the truck and checked it. Seems like I got all the spots except one little spot bout the size of a quarter. Major improvement from what I can tell. Of course I did find the boat load of swirls on it lol.

Get a foam paint brush and dab that area with APC. Wait a little while and wipe it clean

If that didn't get it the first time you might wanna let the APC dwell for 5-10 minutes in the area if possible on your next attempt :burnout:

Well I just took my halogen light out to the truck and checked it. Seems like I got all the spots except one little spot bout the size of a quarter. Major improvement from what I can tell. Of course I did find the boat load of swirls on it lol.

Just got done scrubbing it with some APC and pressure washing it. Just have to wait til tomorrow when it gets light out to see how I did and whether I need to redo it or go straight to the VRT. :xfingers:

If that didn't get it the first time you might wanna let the APC dwell for 5-10 minutes in the area if possible on your next attempt :burnout:

I need to do something to mine. I did just some (competitor's) APC and a rough pool brush and it worked wonders but didn't last long. As soon as I put in a new load of junk it was grayish again

Do you have Line-X?

Awesome!! I hope that does.it for you! Let us know.

I just did a lil glass cleaner and sealant on my truck's windshield and In and Out on the cowling, honeycomb,molding and did wheels with APC etc. It is a farm truck but looks better at least.

pretty sure the bedliner companys make a product that revives the bedliner, restores some of the color

It's not faded, just has a few spots that haven't come out when washing the truck. Will try what Adam said tonight when it has cooled down a bit. I'll also post some pics.

Try some of our All Purpose Cleaner, and scrub it out with a push broom. Then, blast it with high pressure.

Follow with our Super VRT Dressing. Should come back to perfect!:thumbsup:

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. Just wanted some opinions.

Try some of our All Purpose Cleaner, and scrub it out with a push broom. Then, blast it with high pressure.

Follow with our Super VRT Dressing. Should come back to perfect!:thumbsup:

worst case airplane stripper will take every thing off :lol

I know it sounds weird, but, I would honestly try Adams carpet cleaner followed by the APC. The reasoning is I have on several occasions removed oil stain from carpets using the carpet cleaner. Worth a shot.

I hauled a few motors for a buddy awhile back when i got the truck. They are brown stains from the motor and today i noticed green spots too. I'll try the APC tomorrow and update.

Archived