Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vinyl stripes and clay

NYJets77

Question

23 answers to this question

Maybe tape the edges of the stripes before you clay? Then you can't accidentally peel them up. And definitely make sure you have enough DS on those stripes. My friend messed his stripes up bad with some m-brand clay that way.

I would say you are fine to gently clay the glossy stripes. Just watch out for the edges and only clay in the direction of the stripe, not against it.

Thx Ashley - almost missed your post due to the sudden AFC war that broke out.

No worries on claying the stripes I've clayed mine a few times now, any wax will do I've used buttery and Americana with great results..

P.S. It's all about the Colts!

:lolsmack:

Well, not last year. Maybe not this year either.

At least we don't have any Dolphins fans here. :loser:

No worries on claying the stripes I've clayed mine a few times now, any wax will do I've used buttery and Americana with great results..

P.S. It's all about the Colts!

I wouldn't believe this guy, everyone knows Colts fan can't be trusted. I should know, I had someone film him doing a practice detail and ......ummm, wait, no we didn't film anything and we resent the accusation :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Great question! About the stripes that is...

Concerning the stripes, IS it safe to FMP over them? Or is the best way to just mask them..period, then hit them with BG and Americana.

I don't polish them as its not clear coat. Glaze and wax only for me.

I don't know if I would survive this fall w/o football. It would be like driving around in a dirty car. Only a million times worse.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

How sad is this, a Patriots fan and Jets fan agreeing on something :lolsmack:

NEVER !!!!!

I'm just glad there appears to be a break in the ranks today and that should help lead to an end to this stupid lockout !!!!

I'm already planning my menu for draft night :thumbsup:

I don't know if I would survive this fall w/o football. It would be like driving around in a dirty car. Only a million times worse.

C'mon - its been 3 whole months since losing at home; you should be over it by now.

:lol: <---Shonn Greene's victory nap at Foxboro

NEVER !!!!!

I'm just glad there appears to be a break in the ranks today and that should help lead to an end to this stupid lockout !!!!

I'm already planning my menu for draft night :thumbsup:

I've never tried clay on stripes before, it sounds like a little overkill to me.

But with you being a Jets fan may I suggest you take a rotary to your entire car with sandpaper :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

GO PATRIOTS !!!!

:jester:

C'mon - its been 3 whole months since losing at home; you should be over it by now.

:lol: <---Shonn Greene's victory nap at Foxboro

I've never tried clay on stripes before, it sounds like a little overkill to me.

But with you being a Jets fan may I suggest you take a rotary to your entire car with sandpaper :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

GO PATRIOTS !!!!

:jester:

Stay away from the edges of the stripes. Should be just fine. :D

I did some on a new Camaro last weekend and made it a point to stay away from the edges. They clayed just fine sir.

thx - I've got IOM stripes on Summit White and I want those babies to POP. :cheers:

Archived