Customer Service 866.965.0400

Big Bear Choppers

Grubrunner

Anyone have any [or know of anyone who has] opinions/feedback/comments on Big Bear Choppers?

A friend at work recently purchased a [used] 2007 Custom Built Sled Chopper in insane condition and I've been drooling for days now.

I'm seriously looking at purchasing a Devil's Advocate Chopper this summer.... if finances allow.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

How about this beast? Boss Hoss Cycles.

Engine

Type

Liquid Cooled V-8

Horsepower

425@5750 rpm

Torque

445 Ft.Lbs @ 4750 rmp

Block

Aluminum - 6 bolt main

Cylinders

Aluminum (68cc)

Valvetrain

2.16" Int/1.59" Exh.

Size

376 c.i. (6200cc)

Compression

10.7:1

Fuel Injection

Multi-port

Exhaust

2.5" with dual mufflers

Transmission

3-speed automatic w/rev.

Final Drive

Shaft, narrowed Ford 7.5" (open)

BHC9LS3_1.jpg

Choppers are nice but are pretty much over. Great for bar hopping, and terriblefor a long nice ride. You will loose your money fast if you decide to stop riding it. Put you money into a Harley. Better warranty and a lot of dealers for service warranty work. They have factory custom ordering now. check it out... Polaris just bought Indian, so you might want to check them out..

Choppers are great to look at, but suck to ride... If you are looking for a garage queen, get a chopper. Prepare to lose you butt on it. Choppers are all but dead.

If you want a bike that has the chopper feel, but factory engineering and ride, look at a Victory.

Why not buy a Harley?:burnout:

I've owned two Harley's in the past.

Time for a change.

Choppers are great to look at, but suck to ride... If you are looking for a garage queen, get a chopper. Prepare to lose you butt on it. Choppers are all but dead.

That's your opinion and you're most certainly entitled to it.

I strongly disagree.

OK I'm sorry if that pissed you off...

Bar to bar and in a straight line, they're great.

I've ridden them and they're just too limited on what you can do with them.

Oh and everything I post is my opinion unless I quote someone... ;)

Chris

Sorry I edited... Sounds like you've made your mind up. If that's all you're using it for, then it's great. It's just a lot of money to spend on something so limited on its use.

Heck, reason and logic go out the window on most of the toys we talk about on this forum... Hi-po SUVs, boats, bikes, planes, supercharged this and that -- they're all pretty much pointless on one level or another. No one NEEDS any of them... But the cool thing is that they all put a smile on the owners face. :thumbsup:

Sorry I edited... Sounds like you've made your mind up. If that's all you're using it for, then it's great. It's just a lot of money to spend on something so limited on its use.

You sound like my wife!

;)

Yeah, I understand exactly what you're saying and you're spot on - even though I don't want to hear it - but I've always wanted a chopper. I'd burried the idea for a few years but when I say my buddies Big Bear Chopper recently, I woke up again. Wife says I'm going thru a mid-life crisis..... I remind her I'm [only] 38.

IMO, choopers are the ultimate weekender.... however, I do agree with you when you said earlier that on anything longer than a run around town, they are a pain in the bee-hind. I have no intentions on doing a grand-tour or the like.

Appreciate the input.

Archived