Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bugs be gone

xlr8rvette

Question

Last week drove the Lexus to San Diego and back. 1200 miles and 12,000 bugs on windshield, front and mirrors. On way down used Adams Glass Cleaner on windshield while at rest area. Worked well. When got home had the 12k bugs.

Washed car yesterday. Did not wash windshield or front. When done with rest of car sprayed windshield, front and mirrors with APC. Let sit a few minutes. Then washed with Adams Shampoo same as rest of car. ALL BUGS WERE GONE except for very few on front edge of hood and one headlight which I then applied the APC to a microfiber and wiped away.

Afterwards I applied buttery wax to these areas just in case, although it did not appear to need any. I am very pleased with the results of APC for easily getting rid of the bugs !! :banana:

13 answers to this question

Just be VERY careful not to allow APC to dry on the paint.

Honestly, water left to sit will help a ton too.

A good foam on the car that's left to sit for a bit helps as well. No doubt APC works better, but just be careful not to let it sit and dry, and like the OP did, wax when done.

I spray down any bugs with APC. Helps alot. I have heard the WCW also does really well.

WCW is safer because if it dries, you don't have to worry about it harming your paint.

Chris

If you are paranoid about the APC drying, I found out that eagle 1's bug remover works well too. I always have both now case its really hot out and I wanna get the bugs off.

If you are paranoid about the APC drying, I found out that eagle 1's bug remover works well too. I always have both now case its really hot out and I wanna get the bugs off.

Yeah but we don't talk about other peoples products here... ;)

This is good to read...I have been leery of putting APC right on the paint. But with bug season starting....I might try it on a cool car with hose at the ready.

Do you guys dilute it 50% with distilled water or what?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is good to read...I have been leery of putting APC right on the paint. But with bug season starting....I might try it on a cool car with hose at the ready.

Do you guys dilute it 50% with distilled water or what?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Any kind of dilution I make gets only distilled water. The local water here is pretty hard. No sense taking any chances, plus you never know what the hard water might react with in the chemicals. :)

BTW, I saw a 370 locally in that same color - beautiful paint color, very unusual.

Archived