Customer Service 866.965.0400

Streaks with Glass Cleaner

Frid

Question

Haven't had the stomache to put this up, but got done using Adam's Glass Cleaner few days ago and there are bad streaks when i get under a light at night. I don't use a whole lot of it at one time and have went back over it several times with a MF but still has streaks left behind. Any input?

Being the resident skeptic on this forum, I will tell you with certainty that the proper MF (microfiber, not mother....well you know) towel makes a big difference. I couldn't clean a window without streaking it to save my life. I changed towels and I'm fine now.

Great post!

I respect Adam's and their top-notch products but absolutely refuse to pay for towels that are "specifically" made for cleaning glass. In all honesty, I'd never heard of such thing [glass cleaning towels] until I came over to these boards/products.

Quality microfiber towels with the proper application method will give perfect results with a high-end glass cleaner like Adam's Glass Cleaner.

Cheers.

Being the resident skeptic on this forum, I will tell you with certainty that the proper MF (microfiber, not mother....well you know) towel makes a big difference. I couldn't clean a window without streaking it to save my life. I changed towels and I'm fine now.

I knew I wasn't the only one:jester:

Awesome! Yeah, I had your same problem at first. Switched to glass towels and gone! They do still streak but then you just switch to a new dry towel. I think I usually use about 3 towels each time. 2 green one blue

I use the GC with my new Adam's MF glass towels for the cars, but I used my raggedy old cotton towels (formerly car towels) for the windows on the house and got perfect results--you might have some wax or grease residue oin your towels or perhaps someone put fabric softener in the rinse?

Not likley. Haven't had to re-use a MF yet (have so many).

I use the GC with my new Adam's MF glass towels for the cars, but I used my raggedy old cotton towels (formerly car towels) for the windows on the house and got perfect results--you might have some wax or grease residue oin your towels or perhaps someone put fabric softener in the rinse?

We should make a bigger deal about using our Glass Cleaner with normal MF towels. We should put up an even bigger blurb about using it with CHINA towels, which seem to work perfectly terribly every time.

Our Glass Cleaner is really a 2-part product, and 1/2 of that is the glass towel.

Sorry we didn't steer you better on this product, and I will make tweaks to the site soon to HEAVILY recommend using our Glass Towels when using our gleaner.

:thumbsup:

I had the same problem. Anthony hit it dead on. Once you use the glass the streaks will be gone. I don't know if it's the type weave in a normal M/F or what, but they all streak. The glass towels seem to have a tighter weave.

Once you get the towels you will notice that the towel has a different pattern on each side. One side will glide really nice, the other will grab a bit.

describe how you're using it a little better.... are you using our glass towel with it?

Not using a glass towel, but spray a spot on the inside of the windshield and the using one side of my MF to wipe it and the other side to dry it.

Archived