Customer Service 866.965.0400

LOVE me some VRT!

BoCRon

Question

So I'm leaving in 2 hours for the annual HUGE MINI get together at the Dragon in NC/TN. I ordered my first Adam's products last week, and they arrived on Monday. We had terrible storms on Monday so I really didn't get to do the detail I would have liked, but no worries. Anyway, last night in the middle of packing, writing notes, etc, I decided to do the glass with the sealer and try out the VRT. I took my iPad out to the garage and set it up on the desk and watched the instruction videos while I worked (in my jammies and slippers!):thumbsup: Anyway, the glass sealer was very easy to do. I haven't gotten to test it out yet, but based on the forecast I will soon enough. The VRT was fabulous, I did the tires and a bunch of the trim. Everything just pops. My only problem is that the hexagonal sponge that I ordered is just way too big for most of the MINI, but I'll save it for my husband's truck. I ended up using a crescent shaped sponge that I bought at some auto parts place a long time ago.

Anyway, I ended up packing the glass cleaner and the VRT to take along I loved it so much. They have detailing stations set up by "competitor" so I will have plenty of opportunity to spread the gospel!

Annette

15 answers to this question

The VRT was fabulous, I did the tires and a bunch of the trim. Everything just pops. My only problem is that the hexagonal sponge that I ordered is just way too big for most of the MINI, but I'll save it for my husband's truck. I ended up using a crescent shaped sponge that I bought at some auto parts place a long time ago.

Annette

Since the hex tire sponge is too big you can take the block sponge and cut it into small sizes. Works great for super low profile tires and tight areas.

What Dan said. The cut block sponges up to fit whatever spaces you need to work.

My cousin is getting married two weeks from now not but 25minutes away. I just cant see making the trip twice within a few weeks, Shes going to get an earfull for not setting her wedding day during the dragon.:lolsmack:

And yes, i do agree that the hex pads are much too big for our Mini's i can make due now but will have to come up with something else for when i get it lowered:banana:

Also Adam's dealer Detailer's Domain carries these sponges: http://detailersdomain.com/carcareproducts/wheelandtires/UberLargeBlueApplicator.html

450[1].jpg

These are the sponges Adam's had for tire sponges before upgrading to the Pro tire sponge. They are great for low profile tires. Just cut them in half and they work perfectly.

I'm not big into shiny since it wouldn't last long around here. I'm kind of going for a stealthy look with my new MINI :).

Here's a shot from the Dragon,

dragon1.jpg

Annette

does it collect dust on the trim???

If you asking if the tires attract dirt like the silicone-based dressing do - NO!

SVRT on the trim does not attract dust any more than the paint does.

The cabin we were staying in for the week of MINIs on The Dragon was off a gravel road and driveway. I didn't notice any more dust on the trim than anywhere else (mostly the back of the car collects dust, a "dirty boot" is a common MINI complaint).

The trim on the sides and front were fine.

Annette

Archived