Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is it okay to run the car through a carwash before hand?

Ttown

Question

..a Touchless carwash of course.

I have a lot to do tomorrow and am short on time. Was just planning on spending 3.00 near me for a touchless water carwash then going afterwards with detail spray and a rag to clean it up.

Is that alright do you think?

12 answers to this question

Watch the Junkman's videos on touchless washes: Touchless Car Washes - The Good & The Bad (Videos)

They're good for knocking off the "big dirt," as he says, but wiping the car down afterwards with anything is probably a bad idea from a potential swirl perspective. That being said, for a daily driver sometimes you have to make compromises because we don't always have time for a two-bucket wash. In that case, following the touchless with waterless wash and a waterless wash towel (instead of detail spray) may be your best bet. Sort of like this:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J0TP7EW54e8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

im going to go out here and give him the BOTD saying rags when he really means "Adams Great White Premium Drying Towell"

just the word car wash gets me:willy::willy::willy:

I have actually recently replaced the Fbomb with Car wash, it just feels right & more satisfying to say it:lolsmack::lolsmack:

lol yes! I meant Adams Drying towel.

And yeah, its my daily driver. I don't have the time to find a place to do it at, pull out everything and start the wash. just curious as to a waterless wash followed by hand Detail Spray was alright. The car wash near me does a really nice job. And I wash it every week anyway. Never gets tons of dirt on it.

I wouldn't run it through the touchless, Id rather take it to the coin-op that way im washing it and not a machine. Thats just me

Years ago I ran my pickup through a touchless and it stripped the black paint out of the mouldings:( And another time one tore the valve stems out of two wheels. Needless to say I haven't attended a automated car wash in 20 years.

No way! What do you want out of your paint? Is it corrected? If you don't care that you'll impart some scratches into the finish then go ahead. I will hand spray mine down at the coin op with straight water to get the bad stuff off, drive it home and then do the complete wash by the books.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

The car wash near me does a really nice job. And I wash it every week anyway. Never gets tons of dirt on it.

Ahh.. wait until you see all of the swirls you get by letting those people wash your car..

I used to thing the place I used did a superb job.. and they do, if you dont mind swirls.. where they go from wheel to paint with the same wash mitt..

you will learn, I just hope its the easy way vs the hard way.. :cheers:

For mild dirt, I regularly run it thru a touchless car wash, immediately followed with a thorough wipe-down with Adam's Waterless Car Wash using a quality MF towel [never used any waffle towel or the like]..... followed by my other Adam's goodies to give it that final "bling." This is both very [time] efficient and gives great results with minimal effort/work.

Works like a gem every single time!

Archived