Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to clean matte finished wheels?

Captain McFunk

Question

Hey guys, i've got the TSW Nurburgring wheels in matte gunmetal color. I"d like to shine them up nicely, and i've red that GWC messes with flatte colored wheels (leaves a white haze). First off, is this true? Second off, if so, what could I use to clean matte finished wheels? Also, what could I put on them to repel brake dust? It's AWFUL on the new Camaros.

Thanks!

52.jpg

18 answers to this question

IN STOCK! They are on the site!:burnout:

395.jpg

spacer.gif

showlarger.gif

Price: $39.95

<form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_395_417" id="AddToCartForm_395_417" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showproduct.aspx%3fProductID%3d395%26SEName%3dadams-boulder-blonde-boars-hair-14-wheel-brush"> <small>Quantity:</small> <input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"> AddToCart.gif</form>

lg-share-en.gif

Adam's Boulder Blonde Boars Hair 14" Wheel Brush

(Temporarily on Backorder. Sorry for the inconvenience)

395.jpg

spacer.gif

showlarger.gif

Price: $39.95

<form style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;" method="POST" name="AddToCartForm_395_417" id="AddToCartForm_395_417" action="addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showproduct.aspx%3fProductID%3d395%26SEName%3dadams-boulder-blonde-boars-hair-14-wheel-brush"> <small>Quantity:</small> <input value="1" name="Quantity" id="Quantity" size="3" maxlength="4" type="text"> AddToCart.gif</form>

lg-share-en.gif

Adam's Boulder Blonde Boars Hair 14" Wheel Brush

(Temporarily on Backorder. Sorry for the inconvenience)

How do I do that? :help::help::help:

I know my KMCs are not cleared they are just flat black

I usually just use a old wash mitt and some car shampoo. I need to order a boars hair brush when they come back into stock

IN STOCK! They are on the site!:burnout:

Dagnabbit Captain, quit posting up pictures of that car! :D

Also, what could I put on them to repel brake dust? It's AWFUL on the new Camaros.

MSW (applied by hand) can help repel brake dust, but I'm not sure how it will look on those wheels.

If your guys look at the thread I made about my recent detail, I cleaned them with green wheel cleaner, the stick, and Adams shampoo.

When They were dry they looked like crap. I put SVRT on the rims and now they pop. I don't know how they will hold up against brake dust

Dylan made a post about this, and in his write up in Street Trucks Magazine (Volume 13 #4 April 2011). GWC is fine on Matte wheels, what he does is goes back over them with some waterless wash to make them spot free. And I can't find the article, so im not 100% sure, but I swear he uses some VRT on them to give them a bit of gloss. PM or wait for him to respond for absolute confirmation.

Archived