Customer Service 866.965.0400

Noob with clay questions.

Pic

Question

Hey all, new guy here, finally got my Adams clay bar a workout and while it did a nice job I'm still feeling some junk on the paint(baggie). I also think I managed to introduce some micro scratches somewhere along the process, not real sure how to handle that, but to my question how many times will I have to clay before I get mirror?

Oh I've been loading up on the forum video's and general info for the past 3 weeks so I'm pretty sure my technique is close, but then again I've got micro scratches so nevermind, treat me like a noob.

That's what i figured,I just started with Adams products and should buy the porter cable polishing kit (Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit) for $ 329.95 us or $ 379.00 can from my dealer. decisions decisions

Your arms and shoulders will thank you when you tackle that Ram!:D

You can try to remove then with SHR and the orange hex-grip applicator, and follow-up with Revive or FMP. This may work, but we know the PC will take them out.

That's what i figured,I just started with Adams products and should buy the porter cable polishing kit (Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit) for $ 329.95 us or $ 379.00 can from my dealer. decisions decisions

Looked good but today i walked by the car in the garage and noticed light scratches also from the claying process ( sun was out for a minute). How would one get rid of them by hand and what to use or do i need a power polisher ?

You can try to remove then with SHR and the orange hex-grip applicator, and follow-up with Revive or FMP. This may work, but we know the PC will take them out.

I clayed my car for the first time using a competitors clay ( sorry ,because i had it on hand) last week. I used almost a whole bottle of lubricant and thought it turned out good,after claying i washed & dryed the car ,put on by hand a coat of buttery wax followed by brilliant glaze.Looked good but today i walked by the car in the garage and noticed light scratches also from the claying process ( sun was out for a minute). How would one get rid of them by hand and what to use or do i need a power polisher ?

"welcome NOOB, where you from?"

Hey nice catch, fixed. In and around the Orlando, FL area.

Oh, and ran the claybar over my training area and it got a bit better but I guess the rest will have to be taken off with the polish. Thanks, guys.

Just an FYI in case you didn't see it in the fine print of the membership agreement. If you become a troublemaker you have to move to Toronto, paint your car Blue and change your name to Anthony.

Sorry but them's the rules

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Yep... and legally we have the right to choose the shade of blue :jester:

I thought it was change you name to bill and move to MA? :lol:

MA is starting to get fed up with all the 'blue vette driving Bills' we've been importing so we're gonna have to mix it up a bit. :lolsmack:

Yeah, I'm on the forums, saw a couple Junkman vids and followed him in here. Nice MB man.

Just an FYI in case you didn't see it in the fine print of the membership agreement. If you become a troublemaker you have to move to Toronto, paint your car Blue and change your name to Anthony.

Sorry but them's the rules

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Welcome to AF Pic :hi:

Lots of good info here, you want to try something cool. Take that same baggie and check a mirror in your bathroom. Wait till you see how smooth a mirror actually is. I clayed mine after I tried it :thumbsup:

Woah, awefully quick replies there fellas, my fault on the usage of mirror, I meant it in terms of the smoothness factor, not shine, my bad.

Oh and BlueGen, I got 1 word and some numbers for ya.

2010 Silverstone 3.8 M/T

Sup bro.

Thanks fellas.

Hey all, new guy here, finally got my Adams clay bar a workout and while it did a nice job I'm still feeling some junk on the paint(baggie). I also think I managed to introduce some micro scratches somewhere along the process, not real sure how to handle that, but to my question how many times will I have to clay before I get mirror?

Oh I've been loading up on the forum video's and general info for the past 3 weeks so I'm pretty sure my technique is close, but then again I've got micro scratches so nevermind, treat me like a noob.

Hey Pic,

Some micro-marring and things of that nature is normal during the clay process, also if any waxes with filler or glazes were on the surface when you started the clay will have removed that revealing some defects you may not have been aware were there.

Now you said "how many times will I have to clay before I get mirror?"

You may be misunderstanding the purpose of clay, its simply to remove bonded contamination like overspray and fallout from the paint. It will not do anything to bring out shine or make the surface shiny. Thats where polishing comes in.

Archived