Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Dealer Decals

tjwhitford

Question

20 answers to this question

Yes..the 3M should work just fine. It's harsh so don't go rubbing it all over the place. Spray the line let it soak for a bit then wipe it off. That stuff takes off road tar so some post stripe adhesive should be easy. After its off I'd do a wash and wax for sure.

Thanks.. Thats what i ended up doing. Cant even tell it was there! great product

We went and cant find goo gone anywhere, but found the 3M adhesive remover. Will this work to get all the stuff left after taking the pin stripe also

Yes..the 3M should work just fine. It's harsh so don't go rubbing it all over the place. Spray the line let it soak for a bit then wipe it off. That stuff takes off road tar so some post stripe adhesive should be easy. After its off I'd do a wash and wax for sure.

That was going to be my question as well...

Decal, I use a thin plastic razor blade, while a badge I use fishing line and 3M adhesive remover, let soak and then remove.

Chris

We went and cant find goo gone anywhere, but found the 3M adhesive remover. Will this work to get all the stuff left after taking the pin stripe also

For me personally, if I was at a dealer and they had their stickers on the back of a car I was about to purchase I would go to a differant dealer! I dont mind plate frames, I just throw them away anyways. You paid for the car why not let them pay for their own advertising.. BTW my dad used to own 2 new car dealers!! LOL

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HHKN5_UfDik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SaflXzJSp_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stick on vinyl emblem or a badge ?

That was going to be my question as well...

Decal, I use a thin plastic razor blade, while a badge I use fishing line and 3M adhesive remover, let soak and then remove.

Chris

You can also use a hair dryer on low and work the area where the decal is. This option works if you are not comfortable using a high powered heat gun.

Yes, much safer.

I myself use a heat gun but not to long ago while removing a pin strip a little paint started to "bubble" and I've used heat guns many times.

HG is unforgiving where a blow dryer is pretty much safe.

Heat gun to melt the glue, and a fishing line. Once the decals are removed, use goo goo gone or 3m adhesive remover to remove any access glue

:iagree:

but I might suggest staying away from a heat gun, if you dont know what you are doing you can damage your paint..

on a nice hot day, or decent day at least, you can use fishing line or even floss.. once you get that off you can use the goo gone to remove what your fingers dont rub off..

and Welcome!

Archived