Customer Service 866.965.0400

Been looking for a new ride

Rich

My Monte Carlo is 7 years old now and only has 55000 miles on it, but I've been shopping around. I test drove an Impala SS yesterday and that thing moves! Only thing is, it's BLACK! I don't know if I'm up to taking care of another black car. Anybody else have one of these and can tell me anything about how they like it or if they've had any problems? It's not much to look like, but it's roomy and 303 hp..

chevrolet-impala-ss.jpg

I don't own one, but I work on chevy's and have driven enough of them. The only major problems I have seen is one car had an sunroof installation error from the factory and was leaking badly, a few of them have problems with warping the front rotors but I think that is just the way the people drove covered by the warranty though. The most I have seen go wrong is the module for the keyless entry has to be replace along with the antenna and the transmitters. Most of these problems happen under warranty though. Other than that they are great cars, good reliable engine, comfortable, I love the sounds of the factory exhaust, and the leather does soften up after a good conditioner is used over time. Sorry for the long post just had to cover all points I have encountered. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So Rich...how does the car drive in the snow.

This RT isn't very good with the rear wheel drive. I have learned how to drift around the corners though. :rockon::rockon:

It goes much, much better than the Monte ever did. This is a very solid car. I'm real happy with it. If it was just a plain Impala.........then no way. But the bigger engine gives it enough power to entertain me. And it's roomy enough for us "seniors". :lolsmack:

So Rich...how does the car drive in the snow.

This RT isn't very good with the rear wheel drive. I have learned how to drift around the corners though. :rockon::rockon:

The G8 (which is RWD) with it's limited slip diff and 50/50 weight distribution makes it unbelievable in the snow. Mine had summer tires from the factory so I installed a set of wheels and Blizzaks and this thing is amazing. My last 3 vehicles have been 4wd and I really don't miss them one bit.

Chris

I have an 2007 model SS Impala that I took delivery in Sept of 06 and love it. Gas milage is about 25 MPG on the highway with the V8 303 HP compaired with a 2004 Impala I had with the V6 that got between 30-32 MPG on the highway. The SS is much more of a car. It has so much power you can spin the tires without trying and the mufflers have a nice low rumble sound I love driving it much more than the 2004. I have had black vehicles in the past so I know what you are talking about mine is Precision Red (the discontinued Corvette color). My wife also loves the amount of trunk space in this car, it is huge. My only problem I had with this car was the automatic start and door locks in the first year. They change the receiver module 3 times before it work correctly, but Chevrolet had problems with many units and they knew about it before it was finally fixed. It has been working great for almost 2 years now. I will be looking for another SS in September when I trade it in.

I have an 2007 model SS Impala that I took delivery in Sept of 06 and love it. Gas milage is about 25 MPG on the highway with the V8 303 HP compaired with a 2004 Impala I had with the V6 that got between 30-32 MPG on the highway. The SS is much more of a car. It has so much power you can spin the tires without trying and the mufflers have a nice low rumble sound I love driving it much more than the 2004. I have had black vehicles in the past so I know what you are talking about mine is Precision Red (the discontinued Corvette color). My wife also loves the amount of trunk space in this car, it is huge. My only problem I had with this car was the automatic start and door locks in the first year. They change the receiver module 3 times before it work correctly, but Chevrolet had problems with many units and they knew about it before it was finally fixed. It has been working great for almost 2 years now. I will be looking for another SS in September when I trade it in.

We finally had a decent day to get the SS out on the highway today. My average speed was 60, and my gas milage came out at 28.2. That's just a hair less than my Z06, but a hair more than the Monte Carlo. The car ran great. I've noticed the suspension is a little harder than the Monte, but that's okay. My ONLY complaint is that when the sunroof is open, the noise level is extreme. Other than that, I'm very happy with the car.