Customer Service 866.965.0400

Take the good with the bad

BillB

Got home and there was an Adam's box sitting on the front porch today :D

Glass cleaner kit and under carriage kit and a few other things

Got this about 400' from my driveway before I got there tho :o

DSC00115.jpg

I see some fender flairs in your future!

Same law exists here as well as bumper height laws. I got a tint ticket too... 86 bucks here and warned for no front plate, tinted cover over rear plate and tinted tails. :(

Chris

I think I will sell it before I put flares on it lol. The tint will probably be coming off tho, it draws to much attention. :(

I am glad we don't need a front plate here.. I hate them.

That part about the tint, was that on the windshield or on the drivers door?

Its on the driver and passenger windows... I don't have anything on the windshield

D'OH!! I really dislike tint laws.

You and me both

Get this... We just made it lawful in IA to carry a gun, but I can't tint my bloody windows? WTH? Really?

Chris

Honestly I am not sure what the purpose is of the tint laws, I fail to see how it can protect a police officer when approaching your vehicle anyways because your window should be down :confused: oh well, its a lost cause arguing it anyways

He did tell me the only reason he left me off for the tires being past the fenders tho, was because every time I get pulled over (happens far too often lol) I hold both my arms out the window until he approaches the vehicle to show him that I have nothing in my hands. His first question when he walked up was "have you been in trouble before?" haha!

that sucks bro.. get a prescription, I have one.. :burnout:

He did tell me the only reason he left me off for the tires being past the fenders tho, was because every time I get pulled over (happens far too often lol) I hold both my arms out the window until he approaches the vehicle to show him that I have nothing in my hands. His first question when he walked up was "have you been in trouble before?" haha!

at least he let you off on that...

Look at all those BS itemized extra charges bumping up the total fine. What a joke! This sort of stuff really irks me. Go arrest some child molestors and solve crimes, bust some drug dealers for god sake.

Is stopping someone with tinted windows really doing anyone any good other than gathering money for the county for lame reasons from already tax paying individuals?

Let's say taxpayer paying the tropper salary, check, stop said taxpayer to impose BS fine to take more money ..check. Drive away feeling like I've served the community today while talking on my cell phone and driving but not giving a **** because I'm a trooper..check.

I don't even have tinted windows but seeing this sort of stuff all the time around NY state ..man it chaps my azz!!!

Look at all those BS itemized extra charges bumping up the total fine. What a joke! This sort of stuff really irks me. Go arrest some child molestors and solve crimes, bust some drug dealers for god sake.

Is stopping someone with tinted windows really doing anyone any good other than gathering money for the county for lame reasons from already tax paying individuals?

Let's say taxpayer paying the tropper salary, check, stop said taxpayer to impose BS fine to take more money ..check. Drive away feeling like I've served the community today while talking on my cell phone and driving but not giving a **** because I'm a trooper..check.

I don't even have tinted windows but seeing this sort of stuff all the time around NY state ..man it chaps my azz!!!

Well, IMO the law IS the law. I knowingly broke/break it and know there are consequences. I don't fault them for doing their jobs.

I don't agree with the law however.

This always makes me laugh...You do realize that cops are Tax Payers also don't you?

And the cop doesn't impose ANY fines on ANYONE. The courts impose fines. The cops don't make the laws but they are paid by Tax Payers to Enforce the laws made by the legislator.

A lot of wanted felons are caught and arrested from being stopped for these BS laws!!!

I have 2 cops in my family, 3 judges, 1 mayor, several lawyers, and 1 or 2 criminal psychologists. .

I'm really happy for you :bow:

Who said anything about cops being saints? I certainly didn't.

I have been told that the tint laws are so that officers are safe and can see into the vhecile which I think is bs but oh well. Coming from a state that has a)tint laws and B) front license plate laws I don't want to hear it! :) Let's just say I have been lucky and/or smart that when I do get pulled over I immedately rol down my windows so he can't check that. If he only crawled underneath my car though :rolleyes:

Archived