Customer Service 866.965.0400

Am I crazy?

Synergy

Question

When you can't sleep at night, what else is better then to go in the garage and use some Adam's products :D. I just finished putting a 5th coat of Americana paste wax on my Silver Metallic 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra. I don't mean 5 coats over a large amount of time, I'm talking about this past month! Does anybody else enjoy waxing their car as much as I do? I'm not sure if there is any benefit from 5 coats compared to 2, so maybe I'm just crazy... :willy:

Although my paint is very well cared for, I really have to break out some SHR and FMP soon. Many won't be able to see the light swirls in the paint because they'll only be blinded by the reflection when it hits in the sun, but when I have it in my garage under the lights, they drive me nuts! I'm going to hold off on another coat of wax and do a full detail to my car next time I want to go crazy. Till then, 2 bucket washes every week!

(Pictures will come ASAP) :2thumbs:

19 answers to this question

Crazy? Borderline. Right forum? absolutely. Product? You found it! You max crazy when excessive staring is involved, hold on while i go look at my truck AAAHHHH thats good. Wait back to the point No you arent crazy yet:lolsmack:

if i had a garage that i could fit in, i would be tempted to do this like you...but my truck sits out in the elements and since its so huge its not possible to do hours of work on it a day haha. i admire your desire!

The weather keeps giving me a kick in the twig and berries every weekend, so I haven't had any time to be anal on ANY of my vehicles.

I may start working on the interior of my F150 on Saturday out of pure washing (lack of) frustration.

You can tell where my head is at, every time I see this I think what a thing to do with a good ALE. :cheers:

I'm with you on that... but then the thought of wasting a good IPA on paint.... NEVER!! Speaking of which... me thinks this forum needs a brew discussion thread! :cheers:

You can tell where my head is at, every time I see this I think what a thing to do with a good ALE. :cheers:

ME too sir me too!

:cheers:

BDubs anyone?!?!?!?!?!

One of my favorite parts about detailing is the meditative state it puts me in. I love it.

isopropyl alcohol... sold at any grocery or drugstore at a 70% strength.

Spray on / wipe off and it'll take wax right off. Easier to do than strip washing or claying if you only need to address a specific area.

Obviously less than ideal when you need to do the whole car though.

I noticed the clouding after the 3rd coat but was going to get rid of it a few months now when the American wore off and it was time for a proper detail. SHR and FMP should do the job... at least I think so.

I think I already see what your talking about with the clouding. I noticed something I never seen before on my hood that looked like a "cloud". Thats why I wanted to hold off before anymore coats! Don't worry, I'm well aware of stripping my paint down with a proper 2 bucket wash and Adam's clay bar before any of those steps. :cheers:

Detailing can be therapy, meditation, and a number of other things... don't worry... you sir are not alone :D

On a side note - 5 coats is pushing the reasonable realm of how many applications you can run before you start to see issues with clouding. Hold off on anymore wax until the cars been washed and/or driven a bit.

Archived