Special Detergents for MF towels, Y or N

offduty

Do you use MF specific detergent?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use MF specific detergent?

• Yes
    • No

Question

:confused:Getting conflecting information on if it is necessary to use a special detergent for cleaning the microfiber towels or not. I know not to use detergents with fragrants and stuff and to not wash or dry them with any softners but I see a lot of different products out there that are specific for cleaning MF towels. How important is it to use one of these products and if so what do you guy's and gal's recommend?

18 answers to this question

You'll get many thoughts on the "right" way to do it. Every way works. I use what we use on our clothes. We DO use non allergen/dye formulas though. I DO NOT machine dry. My drier is NOT lint free and that lint can cause scratching issues down the road.

If I have REALLY dirty MF, I pre clean by hand with APC in the sink and then wash them all together. I spray any stains on the MF with APC before throwing them in the washer.

I've been doing it this way for a few years now with NO issues.

Chris

I use

Tide_CW_Free_HE_small.png

Had a convo with Dylan via PM after i saw this thread a couple of weeks ago and went out and bought the detergent pictured above. So far so good and I air dry the towels, they come out perfect every time and I’ve washed my towels three times so far, including this past weekend.

delicate cycle and cool wash / cold rinse. Pretreat where needed prior to washing, or extra soaking. Air dry only here. Great results and MF products just like new.

:iagree:

Have been useing woolite for my MF towels for years. Cold wash and rinse

line dry.

You'll get many thoughts on the "right" way to do it. Every way works. I use what we use on our clothes. We DO use non allergen/dye formulas though. I DO NOT machine dry. My drier is NOT lint free and that lint can cause scratching issues down the road.

If I have REALLY dirty MF, I pre clean by hand with APC in the sink and then wash them all together. I spray any stains on the MF with APC before throwing them in the washer.

I've been doing it this way for a few years now with NO issues.

Chris

Pretty much exactly what I do!:iagree:..although I only wash the white towels with other white towels.

When in doubt refer to the videos!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PQabUpVZes?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Machine wash
  • Keep separate from other types of material
  • Wash very dirty towels separate
  • Warm - cool setting
  • Extra rinse cycle if available
  • Pre-treat stains with APC by hand or in a bucket to soak
  • Allergen Free liquid laundry soap (no granulated)
  • MF
    specific detergents are fine, but not required if you use a no dye/no perfume liquid soap

• If using an
    MF
    detergent and an HE washer be careful to not use the standard washer 'doses' as it can cause issues

• Dry in the dryer on low heat or air fluff
  • Never use fabric softener

I use ALL in the white bottle. No fabric softener, dry on low heat. Couple ounces of white vinegar at rinse cycle. Towels look better than new...at least this last batch did. Sometimes presoaking in hot water and APC for a couple hours is needed too. Another trick is to keep the loads smaller than you would for normal clothes, but still keep the machine on large.

Mook

MF Detergent FTW!!! ive done all the methods outlined here and everywhere else and it never seems to work 100% (for me) I picked up a gallon of MF detergant at a website, i would link it but AF will block it out.

i have to say that it does work and my MF are as soft as the day i got them!

Archived