Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW application technique

bigcarrot

Question

I tried a search on this but have a question on the application of the MSW.

Obviously this goes on after polishing is done and the paint is clean and the way you want it.

My question is how many passes would be enough to evenly cover a panel? I'm thinking 3 passes with the PC on speed 3

Also, how often do you have to re-apply more MSW to the pad while waxing the car? Once per panel? Once every 2 panels?

16 answers to this question

I JUST got a new bottle of MSW. My old one's over 2 years old and I use it on all my rides. Boat and wave runner too.

Oh, and thanks Doug!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

All great advice! Glad I made an account =) Can't wait to put this stuff on next time I have a free weekend.

I have a car cover would that be beneficial to put it on while the MSW cures for 12+ Hours?

I would say no, take a look at the way Junkman puts his cover on and off. If you don't do it this way, you are putting dirt on the car! I hope this helps!!

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10749&highlight=cover

All great advice! Glad I made an account =) Can't wait to put this stuff on next time I have a free weekend.

I have a car cover would that be beneficial to put it on while the MSW cures for 12+ Hours?

Waterless Car Wash is my go to product for wipe downs. It #1 protects the paint by encapsulating the dirt better, and #2 doesn't leave anything behind. Either one will work however.

Chris

Id say first of all these guys just broke it down on the app of msw:thumbsup: but second id say no ds between coats. if you had a rough time removing the first(which if you were having troubole to remove youd use ds to remove anyway) you'll be fine if properly wiped between coats

two thin coats are better than one thick coat, which is worthless and causes you all kinds of issues when removing.

2 coats of MSW FTW! I wait no less than 12 hours between applications.

Chris

Just out of curiosity do you wash or wipe the car down with DS before the 2nd coat?

Chewy knows that MSW, and it sure shows on his ride :D ... just like black glass. Like his avatar says, 2 coats of MSW - :D

First time I used it I was amazed at how I could see everything around me in the reflections on the finish, especially considering using such a small amount of product. :banana:

Your bottle of MSW will last a loooong time.

two thin coats are better than one thick coat, which is worthless and causes you all kinds of issues when removing.

2 coats of MSW FTW! I wait no less than 12 hours between applications.

Chris

One pass, up and down, back and forth. You move around faster than polishing when applying MSW. Really, with MSW/gray pad, all you are doing is using the polisher to make a very thin film of the MSW. You want it thin, otherwise it can be hard to remove. It goes on fast, too, so you can get around the car in no time. Let it cure up as per the bottle instructions, or up to30-40 minutes if it is below 50 degrees, or perhaps if you are dealing with high humidity.

You want to have a thin haze over the paint with MSW, like an oily fingerprint. Don't glop the pad up, it doesn't take much. Take a look at the Adam's v7 video - it isn't very noticeable. His first application looks like he is loading up the pad, but as much as he put on would be good for a half hood, maybe more, in my opinion. And it lasts a loong time, even on a DD. I always lay down a coat of MSW on my lives-outside-black-DD.

You have to give it a try. Really, as long as you have coverage, you should be good

Archived