Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally figured it out.....

InDepthAutoDetailing

Question

Being in the south with it 95 degrees and 70% humidity I've had trouble with a dirty soapy film drying on the car. I'd have to wash areas twice to take care of the film. I tried rinsing as I go but that led to ugly water spots.

Here is what I do now:

Foam gun area to be washed

Wash area

Rinse area

Spray area with DS

Then move to the next area

If you get soap from the foam gun on an area already completed it doesn't matter because it's clean soapy water.

Once the entire car is washed then rinse the car, do the pool rinsing, spray with DS then dry.

Takes a little more product and time but well worth the results.

12 answers to this question

Doesn't it state in Adams video that if "Adams shampoo" dries on the car, not to worry? It will rinse right off and will not damage the paint????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't it state in Adams video that if "Adams shampoo" dries on the car, not to worry? It will rinse right off and will not damage the paint????

Yes that is what it says. The problem I was having is dirty soapy water drying and not being able to rinse it off. The only way to get it off was to rewash the area. If the weather would cooperate I wouldn't have the problem. Since it doesn't I had to find another way. If someone else has a better suggestion I'd love to know what it is.

The water here in Vegas is the hardest! It is also very hot here. The way I solved this was to use Adams shampoo and foam gun and to rinse with CR spotless water (deionized water). This way I can let the soap dry while washing and rinse and no spots even if the water dries before I can get to it with the great white towel.

Hey Chobbs, do you have a water filtration system on your house or your hose? I did not know what CR meant?

Yeah..I have similar problem. It has been high 90's here in NC. Even in shade the car dries to fast if I foam the whole thing up. DS has been my friend....that is for sure. If I spray the wet panel with Ds, I don't have water spots either. But one panel at a time is how ya need to do it. I agree. I have not heard of a different method in extreme heat. Many people will tell you to wash it 6am or late night to avoid heat....but that has not worked for me timewise.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CR spotless water is the name of the company that makes the hose bib water deionizer. If you google CR spotless water, it will pop up. I bought mine through Cosco online.

I have been using Chris's (Chris05GTO) method with good results. (Chris please correct me if I mess this up).

• wash car
  • pool rinse
  • wipe windows (and other 'problem' areas) with wash pad
  • pool rinse again
  • dry (using your favorite method)
  • spritz with DS to add back some shine

I wash mine late at night when the sun goes down and my car cools off. I will let my car stay dirty if I cannot wash it when its cool. Ive learned my lesson in the past with washing a hot black car in the sun the results were not fun and it upset me to the point where I about gave up.

I wash mine late at night when the sun goes down and my car cools off. I will let my car stay dirty if I cannot wash it when its cool. Ive learned my lesson in the past with washing a hot black car in the sun the results were not fun and it upset me to the point where I about gave up.

I can do that with mine but when I get a customers car at 2 in the afternoon I have to get at it. I am going to try the other method mentioned and see how it goes.

Thanks

Archived