Customer Service 866.965.0400

Frustrated, Black Paint

LQ9SS

Question

Got the truck almost perfectly polished, two bucket method, lots of suds, adams wash mit, waffle weave towels, and my paint already looks hammered after 3 weeks. I know it just the nature of the beast by having a black vehicle, but it drives me crazy:help:

15 answers to this question

Black is tough, we have one.

I work on it daily, doesn't take long but if I miss I have to wash it by hand.

I use Cal. Duster daily followed by DS.

It works but has to be done daily, about 1/2 hour per day, not too bad.

One thing about black cars, they so purdy!

The tough part is getting it perfect in the first place, then it's all about protection and prevention. Have any pics so we can see what you're up against? And where are you located? If possible bring your car to an upcoming clinic or retailer an let a pro have a look and show you a good technique.

Don't get discouraged -- the results are well worth it! :thumbsup:

Got the truck almost perfectly polished, two bucket method, lots of suds, adams wash mit, waffle weave towels, and my paint already looks hammered after 3 weeks. I know it just the nature of the beast by having a black vehicle, but it drives me crazy:help:

Next time try after spraying your truck off and before washing spray it down with WCW, this makes your paint slick, less friction less chances of scratching!:thumbsup:

I have a black Silverado and know exactly how you feel. It's my DD and sits outside 100% of the time. So hard to keep it looking just right. But, as noted earlier, I regular "Dusting" and some DS sure goes a long way to keeping it looking good longer. Be patient - it is worth it.

I feel for you! I've only ever owned one black car: oh it looked so nice right after correction, a month later not so. Lots of white and silver cars since then!

I have Nissan Black Cherry. Beautiful when right after the last wipe of Americana, but about an hour later...dust. And this time of year...pollen. Even when dusty though, that color when detailed gets more notice and comments than detailed silver or white like I used to have.

zcars.jpg

Next time try after spraying your truck off and before washing spray it down with WCW, this makes your paint slick, less friction less chances of scratching!:thumbsup:

:iagree:

And a wipe down with WW after waxing can help keep the dust from accumulating :thumbsup:

I think with black paint, a foam gun is required to slow down the inevitable swirls (DD, outside). Yeah, they look great but the dust and pollen show so easily. BUT, with a great Adam's shine, even through the dust you can see the amazing highlights, the 'white stars' that reflect off the paint.

Thanks for all the replies. One thing is I need to remember that the truck does have 140,000 miles, and has been through a lot. Ive been detailing for a good amount of time and do know what i am doing and also have to remember that I am dealing with the most difficult color of paint. I am sorry I don't have pics, it's been crazy week as the town I live in is flooding and my area is a big threat right now.

It can be very frustrating. Be glad you don't have some cheap paint like the camaros do. I just done a correction 3 months and did what I thought was the best for the car as upkeep and I'm back to swirl city again on the flat surfaces.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Archived