Customer Service 866.965.0400

Confused About Waxes

Polygon

Question

Which ones should I get?

Buttery Wax

Americana

Machine Super Wax

What is the purpose and use of each individual wax here. Is there a need to use all three? Also, what about the brilliant glaze?

I'm new to this and I'm getting lost in the sea of product here.

18 answers to this question

The answer is you should get all three lol

The ultimate combination of protection and shine would be MSW followed by BG followed by Americana or Buttery Wax (depending on your budget)

Doesnt bg go under msw ?

Can BG and any of the waxes(aside from MSW) be applied with a PC or just by hand?

Brilliant glaze on a black pad via PC is my favorite way to apply BG. You can use your PC + black for buttery application as well. While it's probably possible to do Americana + PC, it would be such a chore to get the paste wax on the pad it's hardly worth the effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BG is a great product, which give your paint the wet look. Everyone applies it before americana and after every wash.

Not me, it's not going on my "garage queen" again until I perform a correction again.

Which ones should I get?

Buttery Wax

Americana

Machine Super Wax

What is the purpose and use of each individual wax here. Is there a need to use all three? Also, what about the brilliant glaze?

I say get MSW is a must and Americana. Buttery wax is good if your applying by hand. I have all 3 and I've used the buttery wax once.

BG is a great product, which give your paint the wet look. Everyone applies it before americana and after every wash.

Clint, I use Buttery on my DD and it lasts about 4-5 weeks. Not something I really like. Last year I did my dad's DD that is a 50/50 inside outside car. I put two coats of Americana on it and the thing still was beading up until a month ago. Wisconsin winters aren't friendly, but Americana passed the test with flying colors.

My Daily Drivers, after polishing, get MSW followed by BG, followed by the Buttery Wax. The Buttery goes on and wipes off so effortlessly I'll apply it every four to six weeks after an initial two coats: I love it on the Daily Drivers. They get correction twice a year: spring and fall.

My "garage queen" that rarely if ever sees inclement weather: after polish gets BG followed by two coats of Americana. I don't need the durability of the MSW on this vehicle.

Thanks for the information everyone.

Well said, and the Glaze will help hide minor imperfections too :thumbsup:

The answer to your question depends on your vehicle, is it a daily driver ? Is it a garage queen ? Or does it live outside in the elements ?

Well, one is my daily driver that lives outside. The other two are garage queens.

The answer is you should get all three lol

The ultimate combination of protection and shine would be MSW followed by BG followed by Americana or Buttery Wax (depending on your budget)

Alright.

So, what I'm thinking from what's been said so far is that all three cars need MSW regardless. On the daily I should use the Buttery Wax and the two garage queens I should use the Americana? And the BG is a nice final touch?

Which ones should I get?

Buttery Wax

Americana

Machine Super Wax

BW is a hand applied liquid wax.

Americana is a paste wax.

MSW is a sealant applied with the PC, and is the most durable.Americana would be the second most durable.

MSW should be applied first then you can apply BG under or over Americana or BW. Hope this helps you!

Well said, and the Glaze will help hide minor imperfections too :thumbsup:

The answer to your question depends on your vehicle, is it a daily driver ? Is it a garage queen ? Or does it live outside in the elements ?

Buttery wax is a great wax.

Americana is an excellent premium wax.

Machine Super Wax is a polymer sealant that bonds to the paint and last longer than a traditional wax. If used with another wax, it should be applied first as it needs to contact the naked surface of the vehicle in order to last. It will not last as long if applied over a wax.

Brilliant Glaze is a shine/gloss enhancer. It gives the surface extra "pop" even after polishing and waxing. It does not offer much protection like the waxes.

There's so much info here. I'm sure others will chime in with even more details.

Archived