Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many great whites...

txredgt

Question

How many does it take for you to dry your car/truck? Last time was the 1st for me using it and I was blown away, took more water and was ready for car #2. After washing tonight and a spritz of detail spray it seemed like it was spent after only half of the car dry. Any ideas of what could have happened? Just more water on the car this time probably? Would it help to invest in a 2nd great white as well? I only use it on my car and its a mustang so it isn't like I have a huge truck to dry down.

16 answers to this question

I set the washer to warm, toss in a cap full of Woolite and let them sit for a couple hours in the washing machine. At that point I turn the washer back on and let it run through the cycle.

Then hang them to air dry.

If you are going to the local spray booth to wash bring a gallon of water with you, you can use that to sheet rinse it. Then there will be a lot less water to soak into the Great White. And once the Great White gets soaked just give it a good twist to get the excess water out and finish up :2thumbs:

I use 1 on the Trailblazer, I do the pooling rinse, blow dry, then DS and wipe.

Me too. Never need more than one per car. The thing that amazes me about the GWDT is I can dry the whole car and then wipe the windows and not leave streaks.

I can usually do the car with one but sometimes a second is needed to get the leftovers. I wash my towels on cold/cold with an extra rinse cycle on my lg front loader and then hang dry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you didnt dry with fabric softner did you? Maybe try washing again with warm water and see how that helps.

No machine dry, they are air drying now. I will try warm water if a few more people chime in and say its what I should do.

I must admit that I did take my car to a quarter machine, living in an apartment and in a 2nd California it seems like its the only place I can go and get my car washed. I did take my time with it obviously though. I am not quite sure about the pooling/flooding method, sounds just like excess water which I had plenty of. After that I sprayed the DS on and went to work drying it. Just seemed to not soak up as much as last time. I just washed the towel actually and hopefully didn't screw that up too, but I put it on cold water with woollite. It won't hurt my feelings if yall tell me I screwed up bigtime and the best way to do it so I can the next time. No plans on taking it further as I am just knocking the DD dirt off the car for a small cruise tmw. My car has swirls on it but nothing I can do about it till I get the PC.

Do you use the flooding/pooling method before you dry? This helps get a lot of the water off the vehicle. How exactly did you wash your towels? Water temp? Dryer temp? Hang dry? I personally use two on my car but one will get the job done well.

Archived