Customer Service 866.965.0400

Saturn Sky at Car Show

dipolley

This weekend I went to Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colorado for the annual Street Tuner Mayhem Show. I added my new Adam's stickers and sported my Adadm's shirt. (Got several questions so I hope you guys get a few sales). I took best in class last year; but sadly no trophy this year. They changed the catagories and the competition was much better. But what I didn't loose any point for was paint. I got full marks. Why you ask, well Adam's Polishes fine line of products. Here is what I did.

I shall preface this story by saying the car was painted 3 months ago and has not seen a brush since. Only WW and DS. So, because I do not have a spicket (the joy of condo living) I ran down to the car wash for a high-presured-wash of just water, the best drying towels in the world and some WW. Then back home where I removed the wheels, APC'ed the rims and tires, clay (destroyed), and a yellow focus pad (also destroyed) to get it clean. Then a coat of brilliant glaze. The wheel wells were cleaned with apc and given a once over with what was left of the destroyed clay. Then undercarriage spray. End of Day one

Day two, required the green pad and severe swirl remover. Big win there. Stepped it down and then hit it with the white pad and polish at 6000 OPMs. Then a coat of Americana.

Day three started with a trip to the Adam's Warehouse and then back home. After a quick dusting (which an old cali duster on half the hood, a door, and fenders managed to cause some slight swirling of the Americana) I proceeded with a quick light run with a white pad at 6000 OPMs. Restored the shine back to where I expected it and a coat of Brilliant Glaze. On to the engine where APC, SVRT, and I&O spray reigned supreme. Then back to the trim and tires. Finished off with an amazing cleaning of the glass.

Once I got to the show I cleaned up the outside with Detail Spray, undercarriage spray, and some WW for the bugs that fatally hitched a ride on the way to the show. then the interior was hit with interior cleaner, leather conditioner, SVRT, and I&O spray.

I couldn't ask for a better looking car. I got full marks for exterior body, paint, and scored high on the interior (some just can't appreciate stock seats) and for customizations The judges and patrons loved the new hood and the knight rider lights. I lost points on tires and wheels; In-car entertainment; suspension, undercarriage, and brakes, and display. Here are the pics

DSCN8868.jpg

DSCN8858.jpg

DSCN8865.jpg

DSCN8851.jpg

DSCN8857.jpg

DSCN8861.jpg

DSCN8854.jpg

And the requisite shot of the hood shine:

DSCN8855.jpg

looks good, what kinda power you got going on under that hood?

Not enough. Best time was 14.05 seconds in the 1/4 at 6200 feet ASL last year. Not sure what was going on yesterday, I ran over 14.58 seconds. It is the first run since the fall and a lot was done. Needs some tuning.

Right on Dave!! I'm happy for your paint honors....that's awesome! I didn't notice you mention that part of your Adam's trip included a deluxe croissant breakfast sandwich!

:D

congrats dipolley!

That little puppy is sick in person! Maybe see ya Saturday?

Mook

Mook definitly come find me. I will be in the tuner section. Depending on how hot it is supposed to be I will have either my gray or black Adam's shirt.

Adam, YES!!! I forgot to mention the amazaingly good sandwich. Thanks again for lunch and I am sorry I won't make it to the warehouse on Saturday. Send a sandwich with Mook if he is coming to the KBPI show. :2thumbs:

Mook definitly come find me. I will be in the tuner section. Depending on how hot it is supposed to be I will have either my gray or black Adam's shirt.

Adam, YES!!! I forgot to mention the amazaingly good sandwich. Thanks again for lunch and I am sorry I won't make it to the warehouse on Saturday. Send a sandwich with Mook if he is coming to the KBPI show. :2thumbs:

Aw man I thought you were coming to our show! :cheers::cheers:

• 4 years later...