Customer Service 866.965.0400

full paint correction

Fit08

Question

17 answers to this question

I'm in the one day camp for my DD (won't be able to own a joy ride for a while), however, the MSW will probably stretch that into another if you're waiting at least 12 hours before wiping it off (which I think is the average that most members here wait).

I haven't done the full gamut of Adam's on my DD yet, but that is slated for the weekend of the 4th. I've got a bunch of elbow grease jobs I need to get done before I start - clean/polish the emblems (thank goodness for MP 1 +2), polish/wax the wheels, clean up headlights with focus pads, well the list goes on.

Sorry, Paul - I did actually mean the second wipe-off after it cured, not the initial. I should have specified or clarified that better. I basically wanted to say that, unless you are stopping with MSW, you need to add around 12 hours before you go to additional steps like Brilliant Glaze and/or Americana.

I self-nominate myself for the Dufus-of-the-Day Award!

:loser:

No need for awards..:lol: Just wanted to make sure others reading didn't get confused.

:thumbsup:

Sorry, Paul - I did actually mean the second wipe-off after it cured, not the initial. I should have specified or clarified that better. I basically wanted to say that, unless you are stopping with MSW, you need to add around 12 hours before you go to additional steps like Brilliant Glaze and/or Americana.

I self-nominate myself for the Dufus-of-the-Day Award!

:loser:

I'm in the one day camp for my DD (won't be able to own a joy ride for a while), however, the MSW will probably stretch that into another if you're waiting at least 12 hours before wiping it off (which I think is the average that most members here wait).

Some confusion here. The MSW you put on a thin layer and leave it on for about 20 minutes then wipe it off. After that it takes about 12 hrs for it to "cure" where you might need to do another light wipe down, but more importantly its the time span you need to wait before applying other products on top of the MSW like brilliant glaze or Americana.

You DO NOT need to put the layer of MSW on then leave it on the car for 12 hours. That will be a chore to get off if you do.:thumbsup:

For my own vehicles (or one I can keep for a few days) I use the whole weekend. Wash Friday evening, and clay if needed. Saturday morning I start polishing and apply MSW before stopping for the day. Sunday I do the interior, wipe the MSW, and apply a final coat of VRT to the tires and trim.

On my GTO I may take a couple weekends on my truck dd I do it in one weekend! What ever works for you!:thumbsup:

Same here, my Firebird is over a period of weekends, and my truck is one day for the exterior and one day for the interior!!

Ideal would be 1 day but as we all know perfection takes time. If i had a garage id grab a 12 pack and work on it all night but unfortunately i dont and i find that the smell of the DS and polishes tend to attract bugs at night. Nothin like some BG and bug guts to help make that shine:jester:

I try to set aside a full day to concentrate on it. Sometimes it will spill over to 2 days. If you are doing interior too, that make take another half day. Depends on how bad the subject is, how big it is and how perfect you want to get it.

Archived