Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish on Chrome Rims

Frid

Question

Had a couple questions regarding the metal polish 1 and 2. Havent used these products yet but was wondering what the difference in the 2 were. Also was wondering if anyone uses either of these on their chrome rims. I will be wanting to polish the rims when I get back but don't know what to use to remove the spider type swirls from them. Will the metal polish do the trick or will I have to go over them with SHR, FMP, etc?

6 answers to this question

Had a couple questions regarding the metal polish 1 and 2. Havent used these products yet but was wondering what the difference in the 2 were. Also was wondering if anyone uses either of these on their chrome rims. I will be wanting to polish the rims when I get back but don't know what to use to remove the spider type swirls from them. Will the metal polish do the trick or will I have to go over them with SHR, FMP, etc?

From what I understand, 2 is the finish polish and 1 is more of a get it to a point where 2 will put it over the top. Do you know if your rims have a clearcoat over the chrome finish? This is popular these days and if so I believe you actually treat them just like a clearcoat on a car and but a layer of wax on em :thumbsup:

If I am not right guys please feel free to correct me.

Austin pretty much nailed it.

A quick way to find out of the rims are cleared is to try a small spot with the metal polish. If the applicator is blackened after you apply it then there is no clear coat and polish away with 1 and 2. If it comes back clean, they are clear coated.

Austin pretty much nailed it.

A quick way to find out of the rims are cleared is to try a small spot with the metal polish. If the applicator is blackened after you apply it then there is no clear coat and polish away with 1 and 2. If it comes back clean, they are clear coated.

Even on chrome ?

Archived