Customer Service 866.965.0400

BG/ Americana applicator

CrawlinTBSS

Question

I notice in the video Dylan uses the americana applicator for the BG as well. is it okay to do the BG wit hte applicator and go right to the america after like in the video? Dylan said to let BG sit for 24 hrs before americana. so just double checking. and is it better have a applicator for each or do i need to wash the applicator before using the americana?

18 answers to this question

Agreed Ryan - love the Maverick Silver on my G8, but just can't get the 'pop' you find with some other colors.

Yes some colors just will not "pop" try a plain white. yes it gleems but will only "pop" when some metal flake is involved. Such as pearl white.:drool:

If they're clean and dry, you shouldn't have any problems. It's when there's still product on them that you don't want to be mixing things up.

Thanks guys!

One last question..as yal said, use two different applicators, if i used one with BG and did the normal APC wash like for all the adams stuff. Once dry, could i use that same applicator with the Americana? Wasnt aware i was going to need two so i only have the 1 from the Americana for the time being.

Thanks

Im going to be testing it on my TBSS here in a bit. Finally isnt hot here now so im going to wash it and pull it into the shop to test stuff out. Would like to see what this combo looks like. hard to make silver super pop it seems like.

Agreed Ryan - love the Maverick Silver on my G8, but just can't get the 'pop' you find with some other colors.

I did it all and came out great. I noticed as I applied the BG it dries fairly quick. Do you want to be wiping it off as its still a bit wet or right as its dried up a bit? Thanks yal! I love this stuff!

You want it to dry completely before wiping off :thumbsup:

You can skip the MSW if you want. Most people will tell you to use it, and it probably will give you longer protection, but my personal experience is that Americana gives plenty of protection. When I washed my car today I was still amazed at how nicely the water beads and I haven't applied Americana since April. I may strip it down and apply MSW before the winter, but for now BG and Americana have given great results.

Im going to be testing it on my TBSS here in a bit. Finally isnt hot here now so im going to wash it and pull it into the shop to test stuff out. Would like to see what this combo looks like. hard to make silver super pop it seems like.

Im going to be doing a full detail on my buddies black s2000 soon and a 1965 shelby cobra kit car me and a buddy built, and the BG/ Americana combo looks killer in pics.

quick question... can i just do SHR, FMP, and skip to BG and Americana, or should i do the MSW? im most likely just going to do the hood tonite, and not the whole car yet.

I use two separate applicators. Since you rub the applicator in the Americana tub, I wouldn't want any residual BG contaminating my tub of wax. Also, Americana can be applied immediately after applying BG. If you watch the video again, Dylan says, "No need to really wait between applications, you can apply the wax right over the top of the glaze." It's Machine SuperWax that you have to wait before topping.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HUHrQqfgM4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived