Customer Service 866.965.0400

BSG and BG ??

Fit08

Question

So, just so I know what glaze I have and what is the proper order of apllication can someone clarify.

I assume the older BSG would say on bottle Brilliant Super Glaze? and it goes over and the new BG Briliant Glaze goes under?

16 answers to this question

The new version (brilliant glaze) is only a tad thicker than the old (brilliant SPRAY glaze) and thats a result of the higher wax content. While it is sprayable, we found that after a few uses it would start to clog the sprayer up. Rather than have any percentage of our customers have to get new sprayers it made more sense to make it a pour product.

Plus, the sprayer really didn't make sense if you think about it... we recommended spraying it onto the applicator instead of directly onto the paint so you could apply it evenly and avoid overspray on areas you didn't want it.... well... if you're going to spray it onto the app whats the point of spraying at all right?

I have not had a problem but when I go to use it I shake the bottle well and give one hard spray into the air away from the car to clear the nozzle out.

So far it has worked but I guess some day it could get clogged up.

I have used the pump since I got the BG and was just thinking tonight its time to get a gallon because the bottle is almost empty. So I would guess 14oz of it have gone through the nozzle.

Does it clog up the spray nozzle? From what I understand that's why they put the pour top on. I don't think it would be a problem as long as you kept the nozzle cleared out after each use.

Yes thats the reason for the pour top, the nozzle would constantly clog up with the new BG.

I put a spray handle on my BG and spray it onto the applicator to make sure that I don't use to much.

I just put some on my wife's car tonight.

Does it clog up the spray nozzle? From what I understand that's why they put the pour top on. I don't think it would be a problem as long as you kept the nozzle cleared out after each use.

So, would the BSG say Brilliant Spray Glaze on the bottle then? The reason I'm asking is the bottle I have is labled Brilliant Glaze but, I concider it very thin like APC nothing like buttery wax.

Yup, the BSG bottle says Brilliant Spray Glaze and would have come with a spray handle. BG says Brilliant Glaze and has a flip top on it.

The BG is VERY thin and watery. It also kicks serious butt in getting paint to pop!:thumbsup:

If I'm correct, BSG is brilliant spray glaze not brilliant super glaze. The older BSG was thinner and could be sprayed and the newer BG is thicker and can't be sprayed because it will clog the sprayer. BG is still thin though. I wouldn't apply BG after every wash because it may breakdown the wax on the car

So, would the BSG say Brilliant Spray Glaze on the bottle then? The reason I'm asking is the bottle I have is labled Brilliant Glaze but, I concider it very thin like APC nothing like buttery wax.

If I'm correct, BSG is brilliant spray glaze not brilliant super glaze. The older BSG was thinner and could be sprayed and the newer BG is thicker and can't be sprayed because it will clog the sprayer. BG is still thin though. I wouldn't apply BG after every wash because it may breakdown the wax on the car

Archived