Customer Service 866.965.0400

doing others cars

Fit08

Question

Well, I can only assume as others see our rides all jazzed on Adams that we are getting some friends and family asking for there cars to be done, right?

So, the question is. Are we doing paint corrections or just a quick clay, pc wax job OR manual. The thing that would bother is that most will go home and wash with dawn and you know the story. SO, why bother with the effort only to see it weeks later, in a ugly state.

12 answers to this question

It really depends on what they are looking to achieve, are they looking for perfect paint or an OK paint? are they looking to do interior and exterior or only exterior. My second customer only requested her leather seats and plastic interior to be conditioned!

What I've been doing for first time customers is a detailed cleaning in and out, treating all the vinyl trim and tires, clay, BG and Americana for $130. Carpet and upholstery cleaning, cleaning and treating leather or polishing out scratches is extra. No sense in using SHR if they're just going to swirl it up when they wash it.

You are correct, most don't appreciate or even know what a completely corrected finish looks like. I will use FMP to add a little shine, and top with MSW for the protection. Once the wheels are clean and the tires dressed they think it looks like brand-new!

Deffinitely do the baggie test and show then how contaminated thier surface is.

I did it last week with a customer and there we astonished how much was on thier white car they couldnt see. helps show them what claybaring is all about. somtimes people dont like to pay more for stuff they dont know about. its always nice to give some quick demos on thier car and then usually theyll turn around and take you up on that service.

I have done some friends and family cars for various reasons and don't take money. It is funny to see their reactions to their vehicles when I give them back and "educate" them on smoothness. One friend told me I returned the wrong truck and he needed to wear his Tux now when he drove it, another bragged that his 500 has never been this good even from the factory, my daughter loves how sexy her car feels now and it is 10 years old. All of these vehicles were clayed, polished and MSW with of course VRT's tires. I know they aren't perfect but they are 1000% better than when I got them.

I have done some friends and family cars for various reasons and don't take money. It is funny to see their reactions to their vehicles when I give them back and "educate" them on smoothness. One friend told me I returned the wrong truck and he needed to wear his Tux now when he drove it, another bragged that his 500 has never been this good even from the factory, my daughter loves how sexy her car feels now and it is 10 years old. All of these vehicles were clayed, polished and MSW with of course VRT's tires. I know they aren't perfect but they are 1000% better than when I got them.

Yes that is one thing I have notice with people is that our worst job (to us adams folks) is the bees knees to 90% of the others.

Most run their cars thru the ringer and dive away with water stains all over the car and dirt and other road grim in the corners and they think great job. Amazing.

I know what you are saying. Does the average Joe/Joline not know the difference or just not give a darn? :confused:

I know what you are saying. Does the average Joe/Joline not know the difference or just not give a darn? :confused:

I suppose in reality I would think most want the great looking car but a) not willing to pay for it. or B) not willing to do the work required.

Archived