Customer Service 866.965.0400

First car show coming up!

Darth_Emma

Question

I've entered my Camaro in the modified class at the Camaro Superfest in Ypsilanti, Michigan this weekend. This is my first ever car show that I've entered a car in.

Yesterday I washed my car, SVRTed the trim and tires, and edetailed the engine bay. I covered it to keep the paint clean last night. I checked to see if I needed to clay the car with the baggie test and it seemed ok (I had clayed and waxed it before I put it away and covered it for winter last fall).

Today, I broke out my PC for the first time. I did my best to follow the Junkman's directions. I used SHR and the FMP. Wow! That made a big difference in what my paint looks like!

So, I'll clean up the interior and polish the wheels tomorrow. I also plan to use BG and Americana tomorrow. My question is, should I use the MSS (as directed) and then wait a day before putting on the BG and Americana? I have seen posts about the MSS needing to be wiped down a second time 24 hours after applying.

Also, I have to drive about 3 hours to get to the car show. My plan is to take some WW and microfiber towels as well as DS and wipe off the bugs. I don't think it will be trivial to wash it again with soap and water (unless it gets really bad). What do you guys do when you get to the car show?

I'm kind of nervous! I really have no idea what to expect. I've never shown a car before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, AJ! I did my best to polish the car using your methods with the PC. I worked on it every day last week.

It shows! I'm going to have to sneak in your class and put a star on your paper! :D

Teachers do still give out stars, don't they? :confused:

Congrats Terri, strike another blow for Adams and the winning circle! That is pretty impressive when you go to your first show of Camaros and walk away with first place. You should have had someone take a picture of you with that BIG smile and your first place award!

Thanks, everyone!

You folks provided a lot of very helpful tips that I used. I was particularly glad I brought my Adam's Detailing Bag with me and it was FULL of my Adam's arsenal. I used almost everything I brought with me to touch up the car. I had to remove a ton of bugs from the nose of the car after driving 200 miles to the show that same morning.

It shows! I'm going to have to sneak in your class and put a star on your paper! :D

Teachers do still give out stars, don't they? :confused:

Maybe teachers do. I'm a professor. We only give grief. (It's in my job description.)

But, I'm happy to have the Junkman's seal of approval!

Archived